First Cataloguing Day.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today I had my first oppurtunity to catalogue new stock that was purchased at an estate auction over the weekend. It was a very interesting and educational process. However I am going to have to watch these impulses that are telling me to buy this, or buy that, remember it's an investment of sorts.

I think the item that I liked the most was a cute little portable writing desk. It was made of rose wood, with a light yellow tulip wood inlay. I guess you would have to call it the 1800's version of a laptop..

This is shaping up to be a great job.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh that sounds like so much fun, Susan!! I dont know how you are going to keep working there and not 'investing'.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does the store carry only furniture or a mix of furniture plus decoratiing stuff too??

(just looking for certain items!).

It would be hard for me to resist buying stuff if I worked there.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

Does the store carry only furniture or a mix of furniture plus decorating stuff too??

(just looking for certain items!).

It would be hard for me to resist buying stuff if I worked there.
They carry a wide variety of things, everything from really nice antique furniture right up to retro costume jewelry. Sort a little bit of everything, I think most of the stock is more of a personal preference on the owner's part then anything else.
One of the most popular items especially for people visiting this area are the cottage industry items, duck decoys, sap spigots, handmade deck chairs. Things like that.