I locked him out!!!!

george's mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
George always waits for me at the door when I get home from work. Today was no different. I swear I saw him under the kitchen table when I put my things down. Ellie was there to greet me and since I no longer saw George I figured he just walked into the other room. All of a sudden I hear this soft "meow" coming from somewhere and it sounded like it was out the window. But then I realized that George was no where to be found! And then I could tell that the meowing was coming from behind the door!!! I felt like such a bad mom!!! I quickly opened the door and George came running in....the poor thing. He was probabably only out there for a couple minutes, but since he's strictly an indoor cat, he was not a happy camper!!

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
They really are sneaky, aren't they? I shut Lucy in the closet yesterday and I didn't think she was even in the room. Did he give you a look that made you feel more guilty?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

george's mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
He ran in, looked up at me with that "I can't believe you did that" look. I still feel bad!!!

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by George's Mom

He ran in, looked up at me with that "I can't believe you did that" look. I still feel bad!!!
yep, that's the look.

george's mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This is the second time I've done this! The first time he must have been at the door for about a 1/2 hr!! A neighbor had to knock on the door to let me know he was out there...
George thinks he wants to go outside, but he really doesn't - unless we're out on the patio and then he's fine.

bumblebee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh, I do that to my kitten fairly often. ;D Kitties are so sneaky - one minute they could be across the house, next minute silently standing behind you. I accidentally locked Miloh in the laundry room one morning when I was grabbing a shirt for the day, and I can't remember how, but my mum let 'im out, and lo and behold I had locked him in.

I now keep the door partially opened. I dunno why I didn't that time, but eh.

They need to invent a cat radar that detects whenever a cat is nearby. d:

catnurse22

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Poor George! I wouldn't be surprised if his door greetings are missing for a few days,
. I'm glad he's okay and patiently waited for you to let him back in. Don't feel bad. I'm surprised it hasn't happened with my two door greeters!

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by George's Mom

George always waits for me at the door when I get home from work. Today was no different. I swear I saw him under the kitchen table when I put my things down. Ellie was there to greet me and since I no longer saw George I figured he just walked into the other room. All of a sudden I hear this soft "meow" coming from somewhere and it sounded like it was out the window. But then I realized that George was no where to be found! And then I could tell that the meowing was coming from behind the door!!! I felt like such a bad mom!!! I quickly opened the door and George came running in....the poor thing. He was probabably only out there for a couple minutes, but since he's strictly an indoor cat, he was not a happy camper!!
I've had that happen!
I know THAT look they give you too!
Silly George!!

george's mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I can't wait to see what happens tonight when I get home. This morning he "almost" totally ignored me - he didn't even come out of hiding for his breakfast treat. Well, not actually hiding, he was just sprawled out on the guest bed...

george's mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
George was waiting at the door as usual when I got home. But he quickly backed away - walking down the hallway making sure there was NO CHANCE that I could lock him out
And I think he loves me again - we had our nightly snuggle session so I think things are back to normal...for now!

chapperice

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This is why I lock my kitties up before opening any doors O^O paranoid.

This happened to our dog once, though. He was out there from about 2 PM until 8 PM and no one noticed (fenced off back yard so he coudln't get into any trouble but still). then suddenly my grandfather heard scratching at the door with his pathetic whines. It was sad because Ted doesn't like being outside (he's an incredibly lazy dachshund)

george's mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Poor Ted! Hope it was at least nice outside
It's been how many days now and George is still a bit skittish when I come home. I really tramatized the poor guy

chapperice

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
hahahaha yeah it was sometime in the summer or so, not too hot or anything. So poor Teddy was all right C: