My foster kitten, Tess...2 month update

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've been fostering Tess for 2 months (and 3 days
). For those who don't know her, she's a feral kitten that I've been working on. She's probably 5 or 6 months old now. In almost any way, she's a regular kitten now, but she still only allows touch rarely...more work needs to be done.
Here are some pictures I took today.

Sitting so prim and proper

Then, not so prim, and definitely not so proper

The cat dancer is her absolute favorite, and never fails to get her riled up!

Of course, she is a bit of a fatty, and inherently lazy (for a kitten)

And her close-up portrait

For those who have never seen it, and for comparison, here is a picture I took the day she came to me

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Good Lord! The difference in her compared to the last update is just remarkable!

Your hard work with her has certainly paid off in spades! She is just stunning!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She gets more lovely every day, Kelly! And that comparison is always a shock -- what a difference in those eyes! She's come so far, and you have the "touch" and patience to bring her the rest of the way.

lil maggie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tess really went from a wild look to a contented look!
She's such a sweetheart!! Tess looks quite proud of herself in the first few pics

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Long ago we had a shorthair that looked just like Tess. She was a firecracker but we loved her.
Her name was Pumpkin.
You've obviously done a remarkable job socializing her. I'm betting she stays with you.
She's gorgeous.

I'm going to ask a few stupid questions. Is her ear a TNR notch? That's an extreme notch. Is that normal for TNR? Or am I way off base and it's something else?

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

Good Lord! The difference in her compared to the last update is just remarkable!

WOW is right!

WHAT a baby doll she's turning out to be! (Like we didn't know that was going to happen with you around!)

Laurie

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Amazing!!

That first pic shows a little sass

You have done a fantastic job with her, Kelly

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kai Bengals

I'm going to ask a few stupid questions. Is her ear a TNR notch? That's an extreme notch. Is that normal for TNR? Or am I way off base and it's something else?
I was wondering the same thing. She is a real beauty though.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You've done such a good job, it's amazing the difference! She's a very pretty girl

Yeah that's not an ear tip, it's an ear chunk!!! It does seem quite excessive, but at least it's obvious. I hate the ear tips, because if they have long fur on their ears, you can't see the tip.

Ear notches are so much better.

junebugbear07

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

She looks amazing!! And she looks soo happy and content there
She is extremely adorable!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Long ago we had a shorthair that looked just like Tess. She was a firecracker but we loved her.
Her name was Pumpkin.
You've obviously done a remarkable job socializing her. I'm betting she stays with you.
She's gorgeous.

Oh, she's not staying!
I always keep in mind with my fosters that their forever home is with someone else. I have to, or else I'd be overrun pretty quickly!

Yes, that's her TNR notch. They did a real hatchet job on it...I hate it.
They were taken in for spays right after they were trapped by the girl who rescued them (5 kittens total), so they always notch them. Hers is especially big though.
Originally Posted by sarahp

Yeah that's not an ear tip, it's an ear chunk!!! It does seem quite excessive, but at least it's obvious. I hate the ear tips, because if they have long fur on their ears, you can't see the tip.

Ear notches are so much better.
It is an ear chunk!
I understand the reasons for them, though. Before I took her on, she was so crazed that the shelter told her rescuer to put her right back outside. If that would have happened, the notch would have been necessary. I guess it prevents her from being too pretty

Thanks everyone for all the kind words!

myfamiliars

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by clixpix

It is an ear chunk!
I understand the reasons for them, though. Before I took her on, she was so crazed that the shelter told her rescuer to put her right back outside. If that would have happened, the notch would have been necessary. I guess it prevents her from being too pretty

Thanks everyone for all the kind words!
I think Tess is beautiful no matter what. The missing ear chunk gives her some panache. It says, "I've lived life my way."
At any rate, the change in her is amazing.