RIP Bea Arthur

kittybernard

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So sad when I heard this today.. she was the most wonderfully witty woman! And my favorite golden girl.
So talented and accomplished.. may she rest in peace.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I heard this on the news yesterday. I don't think her illness was ever known to the public so it was a shock to hear that she had passed. RIP Bea Arthur, you gave me many laughs while you were a Golden Girl.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I saw this yesterday on the news; they showed a current photo of her and honestly, I wouldn't have recognized her. She was one of a kind.

keycube

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
With icons like Bea Arthur leaving us, we're that much closer to losing a style of comedy that we'll never get back. When I was a little kid, I would come home from school and watch game shows like Tattle Tales and Match Game, with zany characters like Bea, Jerry Stiller, Anna Meara, Charles Nelson Reilly, Fannie Flagg, Rita Moreno (who was a genius in her own right), and so many others...

I was too young to have any business enjoying artists like this, but there's was a comedy that was pure and genuine, and so transcended that generational gap. It had an innocence about it that is long gone.

RIP, Bea. You were one that carried a torch for an entire industry.