Red and Blondie on the wheel

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The girls hit the excercise wheel inspite of the record heat here of 90 F.
Of course they aren't going full tilt, just a casual walk. Too hot for anything crazy.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Can you send a few Bengals down here to teach mine how to use their wheel?
I have had mine over 2 years now and still only Kiko will get on it and not even do what your girls were doing.

Those are beautiful girls, of course theirs spots and colors are beautiful, but I also loved the coloring on their tails.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

Can you send a few Bengals down here to teach mine how to use their wheel?
I have had mine over 2 years now and still only Kiko will get on it and not even do what your girls were doing.

Those are beautiful girls, of course theirs spots and colors are beautiful, but I also loved the coloring on their tails.
Thanks Pam!

You know, I can't figure out why most other breeds of cats, including mixed breeds won't use a wheel. Bengals almost universally take to it, with little or no coaxing.
The girls using it are only 5 months old and have been on the wheel since 4 months of age. I don't introduce them younger than that.
I have introduced much older bengals to the wheel and they go right for it.

Not sure what it is. I know our Maine Coon won't even stand on it, he hates it. I have seen Aby's using a wheel before.
I'm wondering if the Singapura we are getting will use it.

I can always send Titan down to you for awhile. He is the master!

lilyluvscats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I just watched the one where titan goes full tilt at the end, that video was so neat( even on dial up lol)

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, it's now obvious to me, domestics must grow up with Bengals in order to appreciate that which is THE WHEEL. Especially if they are little stray domestics that were adopted and learned to be "bengul."

Baby Bonnie uses ours on a daily basis, and she loves it when I wiggle my finger just out of her reach to entice her to run, just like you were doing with the girls.

Max goes for nightly, long, casually-paced walks, just like your girl was doing there - by the way, I love how you always come up with just the right music for your videos, lol.

And Penny, well, you know Penny, she throws one paw to the outside for leverage and gets that wheel a-smokin'!

junebugbear07

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That is sooo cool!! I want to get one for our cats, especially for chunky monkey and pooh bear! They are a bit on the flabby side! ANd your cats are gorgeous!!! I really want a bengal!!!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Renovia

do you have a video of them running at full tilt?
Here's the one Susan couldn't find. It shows Titan really going for it at the end. He IS the master of the wheel.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kai Bengals

Here's the one Susan couldn't find. It shows Titan really going for it at the end. He IS the master of the wheel.

This is the video Jim saw when I was showing him what my cats were going to be doing once we got the wheel

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Amazing....
Red and Blondie really enjoyed the wheel.

Titan truly is Master of the Wheel.

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ah yes I think I had seen that video before. I'm drying the tears from my eyes right now

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That video is great! Those cats you have are just gorgeous.

Is it hard to train them to use that wheel? it's very cool