Mahjong Connect Tips?

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure where this goes to be asked.

I have yet to be able to get past the third level of this game. I know the game boards are random but does anyone have any tips for how they got past this stage?

Thanks.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love that game, but I've only got ONTO the third level twice.
So, nope, no tips!

siggav

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmm, I don't know. That is a hard level. I try to have a full set of "you're stuck now, lets reshuffle" so you'll last longer. I.e. try not to use the hints at all in the previous levels.

Then just think ahead with some of the moves to see if doing them will open up other match ups, but yeah, I don't know.

I really didn't get this game the first few times I played it but then something clicked at I play it several times a week now and have done for a while. I like it.

Oh also for me, turning the music off is crucial, I can't concentrate with it droning on. Normal music helps as background, but that's all depending on the person I guess.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'll preface this to say I'm addicted to Mahjong Connect.

I almost always get to the third level and about 25% of the time make it to the 4th. I get to the 5th about 5% of the time. I've gotten as far as the 7th.

Don't use your hints on the first 2 levels. Level 3 eats them up pretty quick. The more hints you have at the end of each level, the greater the odds that you'll get further.

The pattern to 3 that I use is this: do the ones on the far right first. Then along the bottom and up along the right side. Then do the same for the top. Then go into the middle and pick out pairs going from right to left. Do the far left side last. If you get all of them this way, you'll have your first shuffle then. Repeat the pattern after each shuffle.

Fourth level goes top down. Fifth level goes bottom up. Sixth level goes left to right. 7th level goes in from all sides - that was pretty wild the one and only time I made it that far.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I totally agree about turning the music off -- in fact, I find it's best to mute the sound entirely, so you don't get those squawks when you match, either.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

I'll preface this to say I'm addicted to Mahjong Connect.

I almost always get to the third level and about 25% of the time make it to the 4th. I get to the 5th about 5% of the time. I've gotten as far as the 7th.

Don't use your hints on the first 2 levels. Level 3 eats them up pretty quick. The more hints you have at the end of each level, the greater the odds that you'll get further.

The pattern to 3 that I use is this: do the ones on the far right first. Then along the bottom and up along the right side. Then do the same for the top. Then go into the middle and pick out pairs going from right to left. Do the far left side last. If you get all of them this way, you'll have your first shuffle then. Repeat the pattern after each shuffle.

Fourth level goes top down. Fifth level goes bottom up. Sixth level goes left to right. 7th level goes in from all sides - that was pretty wild the one and only time I made it that far.
Great tips, thanks!

I never play with the music on, it's pretty annoying.

meredyth sawyer

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I've been playing Mahjong Dragon's low scoring Mahjong Connect.  Well, I thought I must be dumb when I couldn't & still can't get past Level 8.  There are 12 levels, so 4 more to go.  I can only give you a run through of each level and tell you how each one is set up.  They're not random.  Each level's tile movements are different to each other but each level stays the same, so you can memorise them or write them down, which may help if you know what to expect. .  The low scoring game has the movement of the levels in a different order to the high scoring one, which I find really hard. Fore the first 8 levels, it just seems like the more youplay, the better you get & the more you get used to the movements of the Tiles.  I think luck has bit to do with it, whether the Tiles fall in an easier pattern or not but the main problem is that the higher you go, the faster the Timer get and at my age, I'm not thinking fast enough.  I also have trouble click Tiles quickly if they're far away from each other.  I found not using these Hints in the early levels, helped me get through to Level 8.  Under Hits start with, I've listed the Hints cumulatively, which is what you'd have at the start of each game if you didn't use any of the Hints.  Can't find any Tabs, so column on right side doesn't line up exactly.  For the low scoring game, I have observed that:

Level        Hints start with                 Movement of Tiles                Extra Hints gained at the start of each other level.

Level-1              6                      From the top to the bottom                       1 (level 2)      

Level-2              7                      Tiles don't move.                                      1 (level 3)

Level-3              8                      Up & Down from Centre                            1 (level 4)

Level-4              9                      Left & Right from Centre                           2 (level 5)

Level-5            11                      From Right to Left                                      2 (level 6)                      

Level-6            13                      Tiles don't move                                         2 (level 7)

Level-7            15                      From Bottom to Top                                  2 (level 8)

Level-8            17                      From Left to Right                                       unknown

Level-  9      unknown           Level-10    unknown

HOPE THIS HELPS                                                                                                                 Level-11      unknown           Level-12    unknown