Daily Thread TGIF April 24th!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Morning folks!

You may wonder why I post this daily so late........I am at home today!
We are going to get our marriage licence today, and they are only open during the day so I had to take a weekday off.

We are sitting around...Josh has to go home and pack up the rest of his things and then his dad is coming with a truck to move the rest of his stuff in

Anyhooo, I must go have breakfast and start making room in my closet for boy stuff

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Morning All!!!

I was sunny here when I first got up but now it looks like more rain. Oh well what is it they say April Showers brings May flowers. And I am certainly looking forward to seeing those spring flowers.

Nothing special planned for today, just puttering around the house and getting caught up on a few chores. My shoulders are very sore today so a little R&R is most definitely in order.

I am off until Monday now so that will give me a bit of a chance to regroup. I really like my new job but it does include lots of dusting and polishing which is a little hard on my hands and shoulders..
What is it about antiques that attracts dust

The kitties are window watching right now, apparently they just have to supervise the neighbor raking his yard just to make sure it is done correctly.

Everyone have a great day

cat.ling

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Morning folks!

You may wonder why I post this daily so late........I am at home today!
We are going to get our marriage licence today, and they are only open during the day so I had to take a weekday off.

We are sitting around...Josh has to go home and pack up the rest of his things and then his dad is coming with a truck to move the rest of his stuff in

Anyhooo, I must go have breakfast and start making room in my closet for boy stuff

Congrats and best wishes!!! How exciting!

My day is not half as exciting.... Lots of errands and housework to do. Making stops at the library and Wal-mart.

I might, *might* stop by a cat rescue shelter to see what cats they have. I've never been to this one, and I still do want to get a companion for Beau. I've also heard that this shelter is in danger of closing due to lack of funds. It's a non-profit organization run entirely on donations.

Then dinner at my mom's since she's making me some Chinese herbal soup. Hubby goes out to lunch with his colleagues on Fridays too, so that means I don't have to cook today.

grogs

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well, I was feeling a bit frustrated at work, i.e., too much to do in too short of a time, so I just said the heck with it and skipped out today. I went down to PerSmart and picked up some things for the kitties, then over to Kohl's where I picked out a few new shirts and a new pair of shoes, then I came back home. It's a beautiful day, so it's a great time to get out. Since it's Friday afternoon, I'm thinking of picking up a nice bottle of wine. I haven't had a glass of wine in 2-3 months and it sounds really good to me right now. Then maybe sit on the porch and read a book and watch a little TV tonight. I hope everyone has a great weekend.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its so warm here today. There are chances of thunder storms later. I sure hope it doesn't happen because our buck and doe is tonight and it would really suck if it stormed and the power went out.

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Morning..

Congrats on getting your marriage license, Troutsmom!

My boyfriend is flying home from Oklahoma today!!
He's been gone since Monday. Genever and I miss him.

When i got to work this morning my bosses were just leaving to go to breakfast at a nearby place and so I went with them. Nice! I never eat breakfast during the week, just usually bring a granola bar to munch on during the morning, so I felt super full... Still do actually.

It's going to be a pretty slow summer here at work apparently, but as far as I know I'll still be able to have a job.
Luckily since we're a small company (just the 3 of us) and pretty close, my boss has assured me that when he finally retires or has to let me go for some other reason, he'll do everything he can to make sure I've got another job. He's been a mechanical engineer for about 40 years so has LOTS of connections.

Other than that, just looking forward to the weekend...