Bengal Cats

kylie77

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I didn't know where to go, so I hope posting here is ok. I had a question about bengal cats. Someone offered to sell me one but to me the cat klooks like a tabby. Can anyon here who is familar with the breed tell me if this kitten is indeed a bengal?

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's hard to tell from those pictures but unless they are a reputable breeder I would be wary.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kylie77

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It's a rescue cat, they are only asking $30, first they wanted $70.

I am just looking for a kitten for my 2 little girls and a good mouser.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ahh... in that case does it really matter if she's really a bengal or not? If I had to guess I'd say she might have some bengal in her but I doubt she's a purebred. But she sure is cute any way you look at her.

kylie77

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
it doesn't matter to me either way. but when the foster mom said he was a Bengal I though oh cool! I looked bengal cats up and they have spots and this cat doesn't really. She claims it's a pure breed that was rescued, but I kind of figured it most likely was not a pure breed bengal.

I did some research and I hope the cat won't be too wild for two little girls. My husband thought this cat looked cool so thats why we are adopting him.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They do usually have spotted bellies but I'm not very familiar with their coat patterns. I do know that their noses should be a brick color and her's looks pretty dark. We have a bengal breeder here Kai Bengals. You should look at his site for a good idea of what show quality bengals look like. http://www.bengalshowcats.com/ They really are beautiful cats but I'm partial to rescues myself.

kylie77

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
People are warning me not to adopt him. They only want $30. But I have to drive an hour to pick him up and there are many shelters near me
where I can adopt a kitten.

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Why not adopt him? He is so cute!!!! Some responsible people will ask an adoption fee to make sure the kitty doesn't go to a bad home.

Bengal kittens are adorable and full of lots of energy. Even if he isn't all bengal, he maybe the best little kitty ever!!! I love tabby cats and have a big soft spot in my heart for them!!

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Doesn't look like a Bengal to me.

Depends what you are getting for the $30, as shelter cats usually come vaxed, neutered, microchipped, wormed and with a health check.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Marbled Bengals have swirling stripes.

Why are people warning you not to adopt him?
Aside from the fact that he looks far too young to be away from his momma, I see nothing wrong with him.

kylie77

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This one comes with nothng. I found the cat on craigslist. a lot of people jumped in warning that this person first tried to sell the cat for $150. They are selling other kittens as well. 4 gray and whites and a blue russian. people are warning others to stay away from this person who is selling kittens

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Definitely doesn't look like a purebred bengal, unless it's very poorly bred.

A $30 kitten is a steal, regardless of breed, as long as it's healthy, up to date on shots and has been Vet checked.
Likelyhood of all that with this person.....slim chance.

You'll pay more for a shelter kitten, but you have a better chance of getting a kitten that has been Vax'd, etc.

If you really want a bengal, try searching the bengal rescue sites.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
From your ads, I would say its a mixed domestic shorthair - not a Bengal. A lot of people claim "Bengal" or "Ocicat" or "Mau" if they have spots. 99% of the time its nothing like the purebred cat.

The kitten is cute - if you just want a nice little kitten to add to your family, go get him.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't the kitty pictures is a Bengal, just from looks.

newbengalmommy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am new to the bengal breed but that can not be a bengal looks more just like a tabby since tabbies do tend to have spots and stripes just like a rosetted and marbled bengal. A friend of mine had a orange female tabby and she had spots and stripes.

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

They do usually have spotted bellies but I'm not very familiar with their coat patterns. I do know that their noses should be a brick color and her's looks pretty dark. We have a bengal breeder here Kai Bengals. You should look at his site for a good idea of what show quality bengals look like. http://www.bengalshowcats.com/ They really are beautiful cats but I'm partial to rescues myself.
Do you have a bengal cat twstychik? Even if he is part bengal or no bengal he is worth the 30 dollars and I would adopt him in a second. He is a really cute little guy. I have a purebred bengal and darned if I don't know anything about her except she comes from millwood breedings on my papers. I know my little girl has attitidude and we love her just the same.

Maybe some people may think millwood is a byb but do your research. But my cat is awesome. I am so sick and tired of everybody on this board calling out each breeder as a BYB. Lets talk about Jean Mill. Because my cat is very closely related to hers. Zoey's breeder is Jean's mentor so is that byb breeding? my sweet Zoey is not a show cat but she is very beautiful. I don't want a show cat i want pet quality cat until we can get licenses for our future bobcat

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would take that little kitten and love him with all my heart and soul and bless you for giving him a home!!! I would do the same thing

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kylie77

People are warning me not to adopt him. They only want $30. But I have to drive an hour to pick him up and there are many shelters near me
where I can adopt a kitten.
in that case, i'd probably look at the shelters nearby & choose one from there.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by abbycats

Do you have a bengal cat twstychik? Even if he is part bengal or no bengal he is worth the 30 dollars and I would adopt him in a second. He is a really cute little guy. I have a purebred bengal and darned if I don't know anything about her except she comes from millwood breedings on my papers. I know my little girl has attitidude and we love her just the same.

Maybe some people may think millwood is a byb but do your research. But my cat is awesome. I am so sick and tired of everybody on this board calling out each breeder as a BYB. Lets talk about Jean Mill. Because my cat is very closely related to hers. Zoey's breeder is Jean's mentor so is that byb breeding? my sweet Zoey is not a show cat but she is very beautiful. I don't want a show cat i want pet quality cat until we can get licenses for our future bobcat
No I don't and I never said I did. In fact, I believe I said that I would adopt him/her in a heart beat regardless of "breed". I also never mentioned BYB I just happened to refer to a breeder here on the boards who deals with bengals and IS knowledgeable about them. Chill out!