Strawberry attack!

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, DH and I went to Wal-Mart where I got a plastic box of strawberries for quite a bargain. They were marked down from $4.98 to $1.50. DH set them on the kitchen counter when we got home. Daisy jumped up on the counter and started sniffing around the strawberry box. I made her get down. She got back up. She grabbed the box of strawberries and started trying to open it with her teeth. I wrestled them away from her in the nick of time. She watched longingly as I put them in the refrigerator. I have big plans for those strawberries! That don't include her! I like to melt a Hershey bar and dip strawberries in the hot chocolate. Beside, I don't even know that strawberries are healthy for cats! They're mine I tell you! Mine!

plainjane

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
HAHAH, you sound like Golem!

"My preeeeeeecioooooussss...iiiiiiiiiizzzzzzzzz!"

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's so funny, because I just compared myself to Golem today. Well, actually it's a little scary.
DH and I were talking about getting a pond, and I told him I'd paddle all around it in a little boat just like Golem. But Daisy did win out on the strawberries. I cut a piece of one for her, thinking she'd discover she really doesn't like them. I don't think she does like them; I think she likes the way they smell. She pushed it around with her nose, but she didn't really eat it.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't see how or why a nibble of berry would hurt her. My boyfriend's RB cat liked cantaloupe.

lil maggie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by nurseangel

They're mine I tell you! Mine!

Some cats love and/or curious about the oddest people foods. Try showing Daisy a green olive with the pimento in it. I once had a cat that wouldn't bite it but treated it like catnip

lyrajean

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our family cat Midori likes fruit....

Not to eat, but to nuzzle and lick like she's in love with it or its catnip or something (but she eats nip). Particularly white grapes.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by lil maggie

Some cats love and/or curious about the oddest people foods. Try showing Daisy a green olive with the pimento in it. I once had a cat that wouldn't bite it but treated it like catnip
I am going to try this; I don't like olives but it would be worth getting a jar to see how she reacts. She gets into a lot of stuff. DH ate strawberries threw the little green tops in the trash. I walked in the kitchen and there were little green strawberry tops everywhere!
I threw them away again, but of course they were back in the floor in a matter of minutes. Part of the fun of having Daisy is seeing how she makes everything into a game.

lil maggie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Too funny!! Strawberry tops everywhere!
OH that reminds me, our oak tree is dropping those whirlybird seeds all over and when I opened the door a few flew in. Maggie picked them up and carried them to her bed ... all of them! I wonder what she thinks they are?

BTW, don't be suprised if your kitty doesn't get excited over olives...just like catnip, some cats are obsessed.