Wish me luck please!

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I start beginner level tap dancing class tonight. I am soooo excited! I love to dance and have done some social-type ballroom classes in years past. The only thing that I am a little worried about is my achilles tendon. If you might remember, I was off all last summer with three different casts (all custom decorated) because of my achilles tendon.

I have decided that, since over a year and a half of rest, ice, and other various treatments haven't really worked, I am no longer going to sit on the couch and watch my life go by. I might end up getting surgery later this year, but for now, I just wanna have fun and dance!!!!!

Just please don't tell me to break a leg!

kittybernard

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WELDRWOMN

Just please don't tell me to break a leg!
Yeah, don't do that!
That sounds like a blast. I'd think a little exercise might be good for it as long as you introduce it gradually and listen to your body's limits! Have LOTS of fun, but don't go overboard! Either way TCS will be here to soothe & cheer you on afterward!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, that sounds like so much fun!! I took tap when I was in grade school and junior high and LOVED it! I think it would be good excercise for your tendon. One question....are you using tap shoes with a heel or flat taps? For an adult class I'm guessing you will be using heels (about 1" high). They should be easier on your tendon so if they do decide to use flats, see if you can trade up.

Have fun!!!

plainjane

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Go get 'em!

Tap is such fun, I'm sure you'll love it!
I have danced since I was little, and love, love, love to dance. However, I started out traditionally with 8 years of ballet...Then progressed slowly into different types/branches.

Can't wait to hear how it goes!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for your encouragement! After the rather lousy day I have had today, I am really not going to be surprised if I actually do break a leg

They didn't tell me specifically what type of tap shoes to get, so I got some split taps that have a very flexible sole. I thought they would be easier on my feet.

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
grrrrr, I am sooo frusterated. I showed up at the appropriate time (and this is the appropriate day) and the receptionist didn't know anything about the class. Apparently, the call I got about the class last week was just to see if there was enough interest. That still doesn't explain why I was given a date and time to show up for class. If they weren't going to have the class, they should have called back and told me. So now I have a pair of tap shoes and no tap class. GRRRRRR

plainjane

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

grrrrr, I am sooo frusterated. I showed up at the appropriate time (and this is the appropriate day) and the receptionist didn't know anything about the class. Apparently, the call I got about the class last week was just to see if there was enough interest. That still doesn't explain why I was given a date and time to show up for class. If they weren't going to have the class, they should have called back and told me. So now I have a pair of tap shoes and no tap class. GRRRRRR
Sadly, I have heard of that behavior before. That really sucks, and is totally NOT how you run things on their part! Ridiculous

If you really want to try tap, I'd look around your area for different places hosting classes...These people sound unreliable.

And PS: You can always sell your tap shoes on ebay, people will snatch them up, trust me!

lil maggie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well that's just poopy! I think I'd be tap dancing on someone's head!
That's a good idea, there's probably lots of places that have classes

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sadly, this is the only place in town. I took a ballroom course there earlier in the year which worked out just fine. I am just frustrated at the way this turned out.

plainjane

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

I am just frustrated at the way this turned out.
You should express that to them, make sure they know that it wasn't right the way they dealt with the situation, and perhaps in the future they'll try to communicate with their customers better.

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I plan on taking this up with them...just not tonight.

plainjane

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Yeah, I plan on taking this up with them...just not tonight.
Yea, I can understand that...

I DO hope you get a chance to do tap though, people really seem to love it!

Hope the rest of the day goes well for you,