people FREAKED out when they saw me today!!

pamela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was sooooo hilarious!! I WISH I filmed people's reactions when they saw me today.

I work for the marketing department of a company and do a lot of filming so we have various make-up artists who come and do hair/makeup. There's one lady (Mary) who asked me several times during quiet times if she could do my hair/makeup. I declined because I felt I was too busy, I didn't want to take the time away from the talents for makeup/hair and frankly, I felt it was a waste of time to fuss around with my looks. (I tend to put a bit of foundation on to hide spots and put some mascra on and that's it.)

Well, today we were doing some filming and had no filming scheduled between noon to 2 so she looked at me and BEGGED to do my hair/face. I resisted at first cuz I have SOOO MUCH WORK TO DO but finally gave in because I didn't want to hurt her feelings and I thought, "what the heck!"

She got so excited and told me she'd straighten my hair. I laughed and told her good luck since I have strong natural curly hair. I tried to straighten my hair several times in the past and it didn't turn out great. She told me to let her try so I let her have her fun and when she was done. She looked at me and said, "OH MY GOSH!" I looked at her and said, "Oh, is that BAD??" She shooked her head and said, "Go look in the mirror." I went and about fell over from shock.

I LOOKED SIZZLING HOT!! I normally don't wear a lot of makeup and normally my hair is curly but I looked great with straight hair!

I decided to go and test some people's reactions to my appearance and O H MY GOSH!!
It was HILARIOUS!!

One guy friend glanced at me, actually stopped in his tracks, looked at me and said, "Is that you?"

Another guy friend turned around in his chair to look at me, his mouth fell open while his eyes about popped out and he said "OH MY GOSH! OH MY GOSH! You look FREAKING GORGEOUS!" He insisted on taking a picture of me and emailed it to his wife. LOL.

A girl friend almost cried when she saw me.. She said I look good before but looked so great now with hair done and makeup all done.

As I went down the stairs to enter 3rd floor, I passed another guy friend who was running upstairs. After a minute (after I entered my cube), he came back and said, "Pamela, when I passed you on the stairs, I didn't realize it was you at first! You look so good!"

I walked past a meeting room where some directors were meeting and one of the directors I work with saw me as I walked past. Later that day he came up to me and told me that as I passed the room, he looked and didn't recognize me at first then realized it was me and wanted to let me know I looked great.

I told some friends that I guess that meant I better start putting makeup on again. LOL. I guess I just got lazy the last 10 years and now need to learn how to put make up on and do more with my hair.

Seriously, I WISH I filmed people's reactions. They were HILARIOUS!! Today was a GREAT day for me!

I also found a gift on my desk from someone... Someone left a cute ball with "Petz" imprinted on it and it has a cat on top of the ball (attached to the ball). If you toss the ball on a flat surface and it rolls, the cat stays on the top no matter where the ball rolls. It's a cool gift. I asked some of my coworkers if they left it on my desk or knew who and they didn't know who. HEHEHE.. One co worker said maybe it was from a secret admirer and I about laughed myself silly about that.

Just wanted to share this funny day with you guys..

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That is great! Do you have any photos? I would love to see you with your new hairstyle!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ditto again. You have to get pics from the guy who took them. That is too much to leave us curious people not being able to see.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pamela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kiwideus

That is great! Do you have any photos? I would love to see you with your new hairstyle!
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Ditto!
Originally Posted by Pami

Ditto again. You have to get pics from the guy who took them. That is too much to leave us curious people not being able to see.
Thanks sweeties for wanting to see me.
I actually have "before" and "after" pictures. LOL. I tried to upload them to photobucket so I can post them here but for some reason, photobucket is taking forever so I'll try again tomorrow. Photobucket has changed a lot since the last time I used it so I am trying to learn how to use it all over again.
Might ask for some help tomorrow!

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pamela

Thanks sweeties for wanting to see me.
I actually have "before" and "after" pictures. LOL. I tried to upload them to photobucket so I can post them here but for some reason, photobucket is taking forever so I'll try again tomorrow. Photobucket has changed a lot since the last time I used it so I am trying to learn how to use it all over again.
Might ask for some help tomorrow!
Can't wait to see photos!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's awesome!!! I LOVE having my hair straightened
It takes out all the frizzies, makes it lighter, and softer and just sits right.

Like you though, it takes FOREVER and I'm way too lazy. It only gets done when I go to the hairdresser.

Can't wait to see pics!

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd like to see pictures, too. I would have been the first person to reply to your thread last night saying that but I thought that would be much too forward - seems it wouldn't have been.

Hopefully you were given a few tips on how to get your hair to behave? If not, definitely go ask.

And for all those that want straight hair - I wish I could get mine to even hold a curl for more than 30 minutes. It's so straight, plain, and thin. Some body and volume to it would be nice.

plainjane

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Me too, (can't wait for pictures!). Sounds super funny!

Would you mind taking a picture of the gift, too? Sounds really neat, but I can't quite visualize it...

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It sounds like SUCH a fun day!!!!!!! I'm such a spaz with my hair and make up I rarely bother - but it would be fun to have a makeover by a professional. Sounds like it was a total BLAST!

Can't wait to see pics either!

Laurie

pamela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My deepest apologizes for not posting this earlier.
I have been very busy AND had some difficulties in uploading pics to photobucket.

Here are the pictures...Tell me what you think. I know she went a bit heavy on the eye makeup but otherwise I think she did good....

BEFORE

AFTER (TWO PICS)

AND here's a picture of the cat gift someone left me on my desk that day..

pamela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ALSO, a GOOD friend of mine (she was in shock when she first saw me and later on told me she didn't like how I looked- too much makeup on and she's into looking natural. wink) drew a picture of me on her whiteboard and I found it HILARIOUS so here is a picture...

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Pamela, you were right - you look freakin' HOT!
You're beautiful to begin with - but you look GREAT all "glammed" up!

In the pictures, anyway, it doesn't look like too much eye make-up. Maybe for work - and probably for people not used to seeing you without any - but DEFINITELY not too much for going out, you know?

The little gift is too cute, and your friend is too funny!

Thank you for sharing!

So.... do you know how to recreate it yourself? That's always the problem I have!

Laurie

pamela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

Pamela, you were right - you look freakin' HOT!
You're beautiful to begin with - but you look GREAT all "glammed" up!

In the pictures, anyway, it doesn't look like too much eye make-up. Maybe for work - and probably for people not used to seeing you without any - but DEFINITELY not too much for going out, you know?

The little gift is too cute, and your friend is too funny!

Thank you for sharing!

So.... do you know how to recreate it yourself? That's always the problem I have!

Laurie
THANKS for the compliments.

Yep, my friend is HILARIOUS. She is also the one who played the HUGE april fool day prank on me recently. I really need to get back at her for that one.
k

I have been able to recreate it pretty well myself. I am still experimenting.

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow that's a huge difference you look very pretty with straight hair! I think you looked really nice and natural in the first pic though...

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes, you DO need to get back at her for that one! I don't think I posted to the thread, but I read it and thought it was hysterical!
Gary looked over when I opened it and said "What the ???????????" He thought it was mean, not funny!
(He was thinking about how much work it would take to unwrap it all!) I told him stuff like that is all about the environment and the context.

I'm so glad you're having fun with the "new" look.
So have you been going to work straightening your hair and with more make up than you used to use?

Laurie