Luxury Pet Hotel

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just saw this on the news. Cat boarding starts at $29.00 per night. Dog boarding at $49.00 per night.

http://www.canada.com/life/pets/hote...423/story.html

Apparently the woman spent 1.1 million dollars building that "hotel".

Here is the website to the hotel. Gorgeous!!!

http://www.hotelbalto.com/

Each room has a flat screen TV for the pet. A real iron bed with a real mattress and fitted sheets that are changed regularly. And the light fixture in each on the ceiling is a crystal chandelier.

I just looked at the pictures on their website. They have a beauty salon for the pets too, complete with bathrobes, LOL. And they feed the pets gourmet meals (IE: steak etc) on what looks like silver dishes.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

that's fancier than some of the hotels i've stayed at

Could you get the navigation menus to work? the only one that worked for me was the photogallery....i couldn't view pricelists or information sections.

lil maggie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow how beautiful! I wonder what it cost for boarding a person!

How luxurious! Soooo much better than what my cat and dog are use to here at home, especially eating steak! I'd be afraid they'd pretend they don't know me when I came back for them

cjh27

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
... absolute barking madness if you think about all the cats you could get spayed for 1.1 million

Dogs and cats couldn't care less for chandeliers or a flat screen TV. I'd rather leave my pet at a small, friendly boarding place then in one where chandeliers seem to be important

regards,

christine

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lil maggie

Wow how beautiful! I wonder what it cost for boarding a person!

How luxurious! Soooo much better than what my cat and dog are use to here at home, especially eating steak! I'd be afraid they'd pretend they don't know me when I came back for them
Lucky would refuse to come home

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

Could you get the navigation menus to work? the only one that worked for me was the photogallery....i couldn't view pricelists or information sections.
Yes, I was able to see the other areas. They have discounted prices for 2nd and 3rd dogs.

They also have special pricing if you want your pet groomed / fed / cared for in its room instead of other areas such as the beauty salon.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by cjh27

... absolute barking madness if you think about all the cats you could get spayed for 1.1 million

Dogs and cats couldn't care less for chandeliers or a flat screen TV. I'd rather leave my pet at a small, friendly boarding place then in one where chandeliers seem to be important

regards,

christine
True, but that doesn't mean you can't cater to those who want nothing but the best for their pet. I have no problem encouraging those who have money and do travel to make sure their pet is well looked after.

cjh27

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

True, but that doesn't mean you can't cater to those who want nothing but the best for their pet. I have no problem encouraging those who have money and do travel to make sure their pet is well looked after.
I can totally understand that people would want to make sure their pet is well looked after

I just that sometimes think this world is a bit crazy- on the one side you've got people spending money on chandeliers for dogs who couldn't care less and on the other hand you've got animal shelters fighting for sufficient donations to be able to take care of abandoned animals & spaying.

... ans yes- this is the case with almost all topics, granted. Some people have too much money, others too little. This boarding place just seems a little bit over the top

christine

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok i work at a Dog daycare/boarding facility and this just seems dumb! I mean yes it seems great to begin with. But heres what I'm thinking of most, Chances are a lot of the dogs that are going to stay here (since the owners are paying so much) are going to be the spoiled dogs and the dogs that have never been let to be dogs. Chances are these dogs are going to suffer from separation anxiety, and those dogs are going to eat those pretty beds and sheets into 12832342364648264 pieces. We had a dog chew through the dry wall.... they get that freaked out when they are alone at night...
Marble floor plus dog claws = lots of scratching and falling dogs
All those leather chairs and couches are going to get murdered in no time. If not from chewing then from the claws.

And I noticed all of their pictures had little fluffy dogs in them minus a few poodles. Are they going to allow big dogs? If so those play rooms are no where near big enough for more than 3 to play with each other! Why not instead of spending on all that furniture get some dog friendly toys, flooring, and maybe some dog beds and have more room?

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So when are you dropping yours off there for a night stay

Very cute place

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by cjh27

I can totally understand that people would want to make sure their pet is well looked after

I just that sometimes think this world is a bit crazy- on the one side you've got people spending money on chandeliers for dogs who couldn't care less and on the other hand you've got animal shelters fighting for sufficient donations to be able to take care of abandoned animals & spaying.

... ans yes- this is the case with almost all topics, granted. Some people have too much money, others too little. This boarding place just seems a little bit over the top

christine
I think it's great! If folks have the money and want to spend it on their own animals, I say why not. Does that mean that none of those folks help out their community or donate to shelters, etc. - no it does not. If they take that good care with their own animals, I can only assume they truly love animals and anyone who loves animals is likely donating to their local shelters. As for neutering costs, that needs to happen with the owners who either claim they cannot afford to take their animals to the vet for neutering or just don't wish to neuter their animals and there isn't a whole lot this business or its clients could do to help with that. What needs to be done is educating those owners.