Where does your cat drink water from?????

ilovemyhades

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
For as long as we have had Hades he will not drink out of his water bowl, he will drink out of our dogs Baxter and Zsa Zsa's water bowl instead and he will drink from the toilet we have to close the lid on it to keep him from it. So I was just wondering what your cat drinks from.

lil maggie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL same here! I use to leave a small ceramic water bowl out for Maggie who never drank from it but headed straight for my dog Auggies BIG water bowl. (huge dog) It was like "no fair, she gets a big bowl and I only get a small one"
I just have 1 water bowl now and they take turns. Although, I have it in the kitchen and when the dog comes to drink, Maggie jumps on the chair seat and pets the dogs back the whole time

Having a few cats years ago taught me to keep toilet lids closed at all times

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ilovemyhades

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lil maggie

LOL same here! I use to leave a small ceramic water bowl out for Maggie who never drank from it but headed straight for my dog Auggies BIG water bowl. (huge dog) It was like "no fair, she gets a big bowl and I only get a small one"
I just have 1 water bowl now and they take turns. Although, I have it in the kitchen and when the dog comes to drink, Maggie jumps on the chair seat and pets the dogs back the whole time

Having a few cats years ago taught me to keep toilet lids closed at all times
Lol, how cute that she rubs his back the whole time. Thats so sweet how dogs and cats can get along, right? Zsa Zsa and Hades are best friends, they play day and night, lol.

lil maggie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it's fantastic how dogs and cats can get along. When Auggie has been bad and I tell her NO, Maggie gets upset and goes to the dog and will either lay with her while the dog pouts or holds the dogs face with her paws and puts her nose on her like a kiss. It is so cute and I forget why I even told the dog no

I love your furbabies names

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
I have two water dishes out for the cats, but they seem to have a definite preference for my water. I can't leave a glass of water sitting out anywhere, especially if it has ice it in. I finally put a small glass on the floor by my computer desk. They do drink out of it, but then come back for mine as well.

ilovemyhades

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lil maggie

I think it's fantastic how dogs and cats can get along. When Auggie has been bad and I tell her NO, Maggie gets upset and goes to the dog and will either lay with her while the dog pouts or holds the dogs face with her paws and puts her nose on her like a kiss. It is so cute and I forget why I even told the dog no

I love your furbabies names
Lol, thank you I'm all about picking names!
Yeah Zsa Zsa is the same way she protects her Hades always, hahaha.

ilovemyhades

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldyCat

I have two water dishes out for the cats, but they seem to have a definite preference for my water. I can't leave a glass of water sitting out anywhere, especially if it has ice it in. I finally put a small glass on the floor by my computer desk. They do drink out of it, but then come back for mine as well.
I'll have to try leaving him out a glass of water but I don't know if he'll go for it cause he knows thats our stuff, lol.

lawguy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ally drinks from the sink as well as her water feeder and as of today, the new Petmate Freshflow I bought her and Ollie.

Ollie drinks from the feeder, sink, Freshflow, and until I caught him in the act and now close the lid - recently he was drinking from the toilet.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by ilovemyhades

I'll have to try leaving him out a glass of water but I don't know if he'll go for it cause he knows thats our stuff, lol.
I think that's why they like it, just because they know it's mine.

cat.ling

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Beau likes to drink from any water source, be it the sink, faucet, our glasses, puddles on the floor, his water fountain etc. He really loves our cups and glasses and the fountain the most though. He will stick his head down the glass to try to drink, and when he can't reach the water, he'll stick his paw in to get it.
He likes to chew on the straws that we use in the glasses. Looks almost like he's drinking from the straw. He'll even lick the condensation off the glass if I don't let him poke his head into the top of it.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine have 2 fountains and a few bowls of water, they seem to drink from them all.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Callie has a Drinkwell that she used to drink from all the time. Now, however, she prefers drinking from, in no particular order: the coffee mug (for water only) on the bathroom counter, my bathroom glass, if left on the counter, the sink in the bathroom (with her butt sticking up in the air
), any glass sitting on the computer desk (esp. if it has milk in it), one of the 2 other water dishes assigned for their drinking enjoyment. Hannah drinks from: one of the 2 water dishes or the coffee cup on the bathroom counter. She also likes to jump in the bathtub after I've finished showering and lick the water up.

followedbydolls

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't really have any dedicated cat water spots their just animal water bowls, they all share... dogs & cats ... we have a fountain as well as other more standard type bowls placed throughout the house.

tamgirl99

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My older cat will only drink out of a tall plastic cup. My little one will drink out of it and the dog's Drinkwell, but often times I find her in the bathtub waiting for me to turn it on.

zooy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Cat.Ling

Beau likes to drink from any water source, be it the sink, faucet, our glasses, puddles on the floor, his water fountain etc. He really loves our cups and glasses and the fountain the most though. He will stick his head down the glass to try to drink, and when he can't reach the water, he'll stick his paw in to get it.
He likes to chew on the straws that we use in the glasses. Looks almost like he's drinking from the straw. He'll even lick the condensation off the glass if I don't let him poke his head into the top of it.
Beau and my Hank sound like the same cat!! He will even try and drink from our water cooler.

Morgan likes toilet water and her dish water, Luna only likes water from her dish and Hank... well Hank is a whole other store. He loves the water that pools up around the bathtub drain... which is why we close the bathroom door.

chadsgirl374

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sunny has always tipped his water dish over and made a huge mess with it. He now has his water dish in bathtub since he spends most of his time in there anyway.
He still doesn't drink from his dish (only rarely), he prefers to drink from the faucet of running water (I always leave it dripping for him).

maiseycat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She has two plastic containers (just basic Rubbermaid food containers), one for food, one for water. The basement is kind of her home for now, though she roams throughout the house. I keep them in the bathroom down there (no one is currently using the bathroom). I've used the same containers for her for years - I should probably get something else because the water dish gets filmy from water deposits and is kind of gross. I've not been so good about cleaning it out with soap and water regularly. This is all sort of a makeshift thing... I came back to live with my parents when I moved back to town. It was to be temporary, but now it's been two years. I'm finally getting the income together and can't wait to get out into my own place again (to be shared with Maisey of course)! I want to get new food&water containers - maybe aluminum or steel. All of the talk about plastics and chemicals leeching into drinking water has me wanting to get away from plastics for her water dish (though I don't think it's the same kind of plastic as these containers, but still...). They'd probably be easier to clean, too. Of course, moving in town, I probably wouldn't have the same problem with build-up since I'd have softer water (we have water filters, but I don't think they make much difference).

washu

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ohki used to always bug me to turn the faucet for her, so I got a Drinkwell. She loves drinking from the stream of water. Vivi also uses the Drinkwell, but from the bowl of it. Edea prefers the bowl of water we keep on the ground for the dogs.

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldyCat

I always bring a glass of water to bed, and found that Genever was drinking out of it, so now I bring her a glass of water too when I go to bed, and she'll sit on the bed near my head and drink out of her glass instead of standing on the night table and drinking out of mine. But she also drinks out of her actual water bowl too.

tory_canuck

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Herbie and Mango drink out of their water feeder, but Herbie likes to drink out of the kiddie pool in the backyard and so does Mango.Mango also drinks out of the toilet.My parents keep their water feeder with fresh clean water, but if the cats are outside, they will drink out of the kiddie pool or if they are upstairs, they would drink out of the toilet.The house is a four level split.