New best friends

lawguy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
After about a week of hating each other, then another of just sharing but not being thrilled, Ally and Ollie have been getting closer and closer. For the last 2 weeks they've been playing, snuggling, and loving each other. Finally I got some pics today.

lil maggie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cuteness overload!!

How adorable is that?!! Good to hear they've become BFFs!

I love Ollie's arm around Ally...so cute!

firedancer722

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Okay, there should have DEFINITELY been a warning on this thread....

*Warning* May cause extremely loud and high-pitched shrieks of glee which have the potential to frighten coworkers and cause temporary soreness of the throat.

TOTALLY ADORABLE pair of kitties you've got there!

cjh27

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi LawGuy,

wonderfull pictures
, laugh- it's really hard for kittens to continue hating each other for longer then a few days when playing and snuggling is soo much nicer

I believe that every kitten should grow up with a buddy and find it quite sad when people keep their kitten on its own.

regards,

christine

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lawguy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I believe that every kitten should grow up with a buddy
I just figured that between law school and ultimately a career in law, I wasn't going to the time to give Ally the affection and play time that she needs, but another cat about her same age would.

I only regret that I didn't get Ollie sooner as it may have been easier when Ally was still 6 weeks old or so rather than 4 months old. When I got Ollie, Ally was 4 months old and he was 3 months old (but about her same size). Now she's 5 months old and he's 4 months old, and he's bigger than her by a good pound or so. They're having lots of fun though nonetheless. I feel that I made a good decision getting her a friend and Ollie is family now too.

Also, with her being born feral, I figured another cat would help her feel comfortable because she isn't 100% comfortable with people other than me whereas he is all about meeting other people. Other people, the dog, etc. He loves meeting anything that moves and is warm.

lil maggie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cjh27

I believe that every kitten should grow up with a buddy and find it quite sad when people keep their kitten on its own.

regards,

christine
Sorry you feel that way. Most people find a buddy for them because they're busy with jobs and recreation. I have a lone kitty but able to devote most of my time to her and she's quite happy and quite spoiled with all the attention

lawguy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
bigger... but still obviously kittens. Ollie is just at 5 pounds and she's about a pound less.

cjh27

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LawGuy

I just figured that between law school and ultimately a career in law, I wasn't going to the time to give Ally the affection and play time that she needs, but another cat about her same age would..
Yes, that and for example grooming Ally... I really wouldn't like to lick my cats ears clean
or playing rough cat style with them. We can't really interact with our cats the way another cat can.

Cats are a social species that will only live alone if there aren't enough food resources to support a colony. Here's an interesting article on the topic:

Social organization in the cat: a modern understandinG; Journal of Feline Medicine and Surgery (S.L. Crowell-Davis et al. 2004; 6, 19-28

http://zoopsy.free.fr/veille_biblio/...n_cat_2004.pdf

I only regret that I didn't get Ollie sooner as it may have been easier when Ally was still 6 weeks old or so rather than 4 months old. When I got Ollie, Ally was 4 months old and he was 3 months old (but about her same size). Now she's 5 months old and he's 4 months old, and he's bigger than her by a good pound or so. They're having lots of fun though nonetheless. I feel that I made a good decision getting her a friend and Ollie is family now too..
I wouldn't worry about it- they seem to be getting on fine
He might be bigger than she but she'll most definately tell him if he's playing too rough

Also, with her being born feral, I figured another cat would help her feel comfortable because she isn't 100% comfortable with people other than me whereas he is all about meeting other people. Other people, the dog, etc. He loves meeting anything that moves and is warm.
Yes, there's a good chance that she'll copy him. But even if she doesn't- you'll have him to do the socializing and smoozing when your friend come to visit

regards,

christine

lawguy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yes, that and for example grooming Ally
They're grooming each other right now. They've been doing it a lot lately. It's cute when they groom each other at the same time.

zorana_dragonky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww, they are so cute! It looks like they are getting along great now, Lawguy! Plus, they're adorable, and mutual kitty grooming is heart melting. Love Ollie's arm around Ally.

tory_canuck

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They are sooo cute.My parents' cats, Herbie and Mango like to play "tag" around the house but don't cuddle like that, although, when i come home to visit, Mango likes to sleep in my bed with me and keep my feet warm.