HELP- gift ideas for my boyfriend's birthday..

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You guys are going to think i'm a horrible girlfriend...Today is my boyfriend's birthday and I still haven't bought him a gift. I'm just such a procrastinator. So yea..I'm wondering what to buy him. I haven't seen him today, I called to wish him happy birthday but I will probably see him in 4-5 hours when he comes back from work....In that time I have to cook up something special. I'm thinking of getting some kind of necklace or bracelet but that's like my back up plan unless I can't come up with anything else...also thinking of cologne, but he has SO many colognes already..Wow I'm so horrible!! please don't think I don't care about him I really do! It's just finals time and i'm always so bad at gift giving..
But we normally aren't in the habit of giving each other big gifts so I'm not really that worried..Usually it's more about special treatment, going to a special place etc. But this year I don't even have that planned! Last year I took him to an awesome comedy bar, I know he loves stand up comedians and I researched and found out when one of his favorites will be around town and surprised him - he didn't know where we were going.
Any ideas as far as gift will be appreciated!

cat.ling

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Maybe going out and doing something like the comedy club would be good? But I don't really know what's available in your area. Or maybe a nice home cooked or romantic dinner at home? Vouchers to a theme park?

How about a wallet and maybe a couple movie tickets to a movie he'd want to see stuffed in it? I don't know. My husband and I have never been big on gifts to each other either. When I did get him gifts, it would be something useful like sunglasses or wallet or watch when he needed them. We are so boring.

LOL Sorry I don't think I have any good ideas.

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Homemade special dinner is always good, do you have time to put a meal together? Or take him out to dinner at his fave restaurant if not? Good luck! Guys are so freakin hard to buy for...

motoko9

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
If you have the time, you could give him a "gift bag" of several little but nice things (the movie tickets were a nice idea. You could also put an ipod gift certificate in there, a small sample of cologne he might like, chocolates or candy, a cute pair of boxers, etc.). Sometimes little things like that can show a lot of thought behind them.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hmmmm, homemade dinner and a personalised coupon book
(coupon books can be so fun..... coupons for a date, or a massage, or adult activities
)

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know what you mean. My hubby's b-day is May 5th and my finals are the night before! I should start shopping now. Is there anything that he needs or uses that he doesn't buy for himself? If he already has a lot of scents you could get him matching aftershave maybe? Is he a car guy? You could put together a car cleaning kit and offer to help him wash it weather permitting.

Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

hmmmm, homemade dinner and a personalised coupon book
(coupon books can be so fun..... coupons for a date, or a massage, or adult activities
)
If you do make a coupon book make sure you really are willing to follow through with them at any time!

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cordless drill... even if he's not exactly the handy type he'll find random things to use it for, probably not to your amusement at that.
Dremel tools and portable welders are fun too - the latter turns any guy into a little kid if they don't already have welding stuff.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
you guys will think I'm crazy but I just bought him a betta fish!! Lol okay I will also do a bag with some stuff like people suggested with a small cologne, some nice scented candles (okay so that may be a girly gift but I'll enjoy buying that
) and whatever else I come up with..
I'm not even going to try to cook a dinner because he is such a picky eater it makes me mad lol..I might try to bake some kind of sweet in the two hours I have left..
Oh and as far as the betta fish- I was thinking of getting him something for his work desk, some kind of decoration but it just seemed like everything is boring except for a fishy!! It's so pretty, it's really deep red and I decorated the bowl with white and black stones and a white/black fake water plant..I think it should be fine because I used the water they sell that's already adjusted with everything necessary.
Lol it may be a weird gift but hey- he's used to me being weird all the time, it's been over 2 years since we've been together

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

Cordless drill... even if he's not exactly the handy type he'll find random things to use it for, probably not to your amusement at that.
Dremel tools and portable welders are fun too - the latter turns any guy into a little kid if they don't already have welding stuff.
We don't even own a house and DH said power tools are always welcome!

I love the Betta! What a cute and unique idea for a desk decoration. Reminds me I have an empty tank to do something with.

cat.ling

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

We don't even own a house and DH said power tools are always welcome!
Same here. My hubby loves tools and anything of that nature, even if he never uses them.

I like the Betta idea, although I wouldn't do that for my hubby because he's not an animal person. That, and I went through a phase where I had a dozen bettas in the house before.