Time is absolutely flying!

emeraldsongbird

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Does anyone else feel like time is just flying by? I feel like I blinked and it's the end of my sophomore year of college already. I'm sitting here swamped in stuff I put off thinking I'd have enough time to get to. As of now, I have due:

1) A paper on ancient Egyptian culture
2) A communications paper about a small group project
3) An original short story involving mythological characters
4) A summary on a Russian book I haven't read yet
5) A paper on a cultural food (and I have to prepare said dish)

Not to mention I have a choir concert to be ready for... I'm drowning!

But no really, time is just flying. Bella will be TWO next month! Where does the time go?

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Definitely! Suddenly, I'm 25, writing a master's thesis, and considering different retirement accounts! Wasn't I in high school not-too-long ago?

I hope you manage to get all of your work done. (Don't forget to enjoy your youth before it slips away.)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

emeraldsongbird

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Going Nova

Definitely! Suddenly, I'm 25, writing a master's thesis, and considering different retirement accounts! Wasn't I in high school not-too-long ago?

I hope you manage to get all of your work done. (Don't forget to enjoy your youth before it slips away.)
Goodluck on your master's thesis. I'm dreading that!

Thanks for the hopes! I am surely enjoying my youth. I've stayed up all night to complete my short story for mythology, and I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to do something like that if I were much older. Heck, I can hardly do it now, I'm starting to waver... I'm seeing double over here! hahahaha

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good luck with all of that work!!! My niece is a college freshman and she is working like a dog!

As for time - I swear to you that it moves faster as you get older. I can't believe I'm going to be 50!!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good luck with everything! I would love to read your short story for Mythology...that was always a favorite subject of mine in college. If you'd be willing, PM me.

But, I remember college, and there is NO WAY I could do it now! Too many all nighters, sleep for 45 mins, then start a new day all over again with even more stress and deadlines....I'm amazed anyone survives and is still sane!

Hate to tell you this, but the time passes even faster after you graduate. There's something about losing the regimented "semesters" that makes the stress stretch out all year so one just flows into the other and the next thing you know it's tax time again.
It just seems like yesterday we took down our Christmas tree...I keep forgetting we're past Easter and now working towards Mother's Day and summer....what happened???