I made a coat!!!!!

lmunsie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've just recently gotten back into sewing and I made a coat! I'm really proud of it! I think the pattern is really cute! So I thought I'd share.

The fabric- I think it's pretty unique!

The jacket!

The lining

And of course! On!!!

Any other sewers out there in TCS land?

lil maggie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
W0W, that's so cute! You look so good in it too! How talented!!
Aren't jackets and coats some of the hardest things to make? Beats me, I don't sew anything but hems and not well

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Looks great! Awesome style!

I sew some but my sewing machine is ancient and tends to eat my fabric... He has been demoted to a table at the moment...
On another note, there is a great great great craft forum I am on! Its craftster.org they have some amazing stuff and always love seeing new members and projects! But beware! Its addictive!

motoko9

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That's impressive! You did a great job.

I am OK with some needlecrafts, but I've never learned to sew.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lmunsie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the compliments everyone!

Originally Posted by capt_jordi

Looks great! Awesome style!

I sew some but my sewing machine is ancient and tends to eat my fabric... He has been demoted to a table at the moment...
On another note, there is a great great great craft forum I am on! Its craftster.org they have some amazing stuff and always love seeing new members and projects! But beware! Its addictive!
ahhhhhhhh I'm already in love with this forum! So thanks!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can you make one for me???? But in blues and purples

I admire those that can sew - I don't have the patience or time/talent to do sewing (other then to sew a button on or fix a hole in pants.

But I do like painting

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Lise, that is beautiful. Great job! It doesn't hurt that you are so pretty modelling it as well.

I used to sew. I made my maternity clothes and a lovely evening gown one time, some blouses but my mom was the really talented seamstress. Just this past weekend I got hubby to bring up her sewing machine. It's been in the basement since she passed away 6 years ago. I'm going to clean it up, oil it and start using it for mending, hemming and little stuff for now. I may get brave and tackle something larger.

lmunsie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

Lise, that is beautiful. Great job! It doesn't hurt that you are so pretty modelling it as well.

I used to sew. I made my maternity clothes and a lovely evening gown one time, some blouses but my mom was the really talented seamstress. Just this past weekend I got hubby to bring up her sewing machine. It's been in the basement since she passed away 6 years ago. I'm going to clean it up, oil it and start using it for mending, hemming and little stuff for now. I may get brave and tackle something larger.
Thanks for the compliment! I used to sew in highschool quite a bit, but then I gave it up for over 5 years. I just started again and clearly am Loooooooving it!!!!

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is beautiful
. I used to sew most of my oldest daughter's clothes. I have no idea why I stopped. I have been thinking of do some summer clothes

zorana_dragonky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love your jacket! Very stylish!

I do some sewing, but I mostly make things rather than clothes, like cat beds, cat toys, tote bags, etc. I don't make casual clothes when I do make clothes, I tend to make costumes. If I can find the photo of my elaborate pirate regalia, I'll post it for you. I made it a few years ago for a costume competition at a convention.
I like to make medieval style dresses for costume purposes.

I have considered making just clothes for me to wear, though. I think it would be fun, and the stuff would actually FIT. I want to make myself a winter coat, but I want it to look like a pirate style greatcoat (I just think it would be cool, I dunno!) with big shiny buttons.
I'm a nerd.

Anyway, I admire your stichery. Very nice!!!

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thats a lovely coat!!

i used to work as a sewing machinist in a coat factory, but it was production line work so i only made one piece of the coat haha

lyrajean

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love sewing.
Mostly I make things for my doll collection and reproduction costumes from long ago. But I also made most of my curtains and a few comforters.

lmunsie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by zorana_dragonky

I love your jacket! Very stylish!

I do some sewing, but I mostly make things rather than clothes, like cat beds, cat toys, tote bags, etc. I don't make casual clothes when I do make clothes, I tend to make costumes. If I can find the photo of my elaborate pirate regalia, I'll post it for you. I made it a few years ago for a costume competition at a convention.
I like to make medieval style dresses for costume purposes.

I have considered making just clothes for me to wear, though. I think it would be fun, and the stuff would actually FIT. I want to make myself a winter coat, but I want it to look like a pirate style greatcoat (I just think it would be cool, I dunno!) with big shiny buttons.
I'm a nerd.

Anyway, I admire your stichery. Very nice!!!
Pictures please~~ I love seeing what other people have made!!! It inspires me, and no I don't think you're a nerd! The first thing I made was a cat baed, it was actually why I started sewing again, but the cats are spoiled enough, now time to make stuff for me!

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow!! That's great! I can mend a hem or put a button back on, but zilch when it comes to any kind of needle work. I'm more of a kitchen/cooking person.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You did a fantastic job! Matching patterns at seams is not an easy thing to do!

I love to sew, but haven't done it in a few years. At one time I used to make all of my own clothing including my nursing uniforms. I don't have any pictures of things I've made though. Never thought to take any.

One thing I really want is a Serger so that I can properly finish the inside seams so that certain fabrics don't unravel.

My sewing machine is very early 1960's model! It was my Mom's and in that entire time it's only cost about $68 or so to have it cleaned and get a new presser foot. Here is a picture of what it looks like:

http://www.toolfool.org/sewing/411G.htm

I can't wait to see your other projects.

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Very nice coat!

I wish i could sew. I try sometimes but things never come out good. Plus I don't know how to follow patterns so i just make up stuff...
I think it'd be cool to find someplace that does sewing classes to actually learn HOW to do real sewing like that. I always have ideas in my head but don't know how to actually 'put them on paper' so to speak.. frustrating. But you, you've got talent!!

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cut is very nice - but the fabric and colors aren't doing anything for me. To each their own though. As long as you love it that is all that matters.
(that and how you'll have to clean it later
)

I hope you find time to do more sewing... it's so easy to put off and it's one of the reasons I don't make more stuff.

I wish we could keep an art and craft thread going, some people may be more likely to share if they don't have to start a thread themselves.