I hate flies!!!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I swear, the last week or two the flies are incredible! It doesn't help when I have four dogs and I'm holding the door open saying "do you want to go out? Do you want to come in?? What do you want to do???" The last few days I've spent hours stalking them with a fly swatter, and still missed most of them. And the cats are having a ball chasing them...and knocking everything over in the process. One thing I hate about spring...flies (and bees, and bugs in general.
)

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate flies also. Besides being dirty, it seems that the only time and place that the girls want to catch them is at 2am in our bedroom

I am not sure exactly how they arrange that, but they are very consistent about it

I am sure that if there was a video of hubby and I stumbling out of bed at 2am to catch flies and subdue cats, that it would be a youtube hit

plainjane

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yuck, yuck and more yuck....

We agree about the flies...Nasty! Haven't seen many around here, yet, luckily.

lil maggie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ewww! I absolutely hate flies! I think about all the nasty stuff they land on before getting in the house. My dog catches flies better than the cat does

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

What's up with flies anyway? It's Autumn here and they are mating like crazy and it's driving me bonkers!
Remember, New Zealand is the land of the flies!

kittybernard

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
YUCK.. I hate flies too! But my poor dogs.. the looks on their faces when I am flailing a magazine in the air at something they can't see, ruthlessly beating the walls, tables, etc.
The cats could care less & carry on being immobile loafs. So they will be sleeping strewn out across the living room, Kita is the one hopping up and down trying to eat the flies.

Seven cats living here now.. and they are having the dog do their only chore!

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hate flies i really do, i got 2 good lil hunters that catch and kill them, Flash makes strange mewwing noises when she is catching them, like high pitched cries the only time she does that though

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

I swear, the last week or two the flies are incredible! It doesn't help when I have four dogs and I'm holding the door open saying "do you want to go out? Do you want to come in?? What do you want to do???" The last few days I've spent hours stalking them with a fly swatter, and still missed most of them. And the cats are having a ball chasing them...and knocking everything over in the process. One thing I hate about spring...flies (and bees, and bugs in general.
)
I never thought or had any idea that Persi could jump up on the mantle. But he showed us last night that he could when a fly got in the house and drove Persi into a frenzy and must have somehow given him super strength to make it to the mantle and knocking over a prize statue that shattered on the fireplace. Guess I don't need to mention the fly was not caught.