Nikita and her Nemesis

siggav

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I took Nikita out into the garden and she was investigating things and minding her own business when suddenly!

Squeak entered the territory

Squeak is a huge ginger tom that lives the building I live in, different apartment though, clearly. He's an inside/outside cat, mostly outside and he's huge, he could do with slimming down a little but mostly he's big. For comparison Nikita is a 12 lbs cat (weighed in at the vets at that exactly a few days ago when she went in for her boosters)

Anyway because Squeak is outside a lot, sometimes more than he strictly wants to he'll try to sneak into other flats to chill out when he can't get into the flat he lives in. He's tried that a few times with my flat which, unsurprisingly Nikita does NOT APPROVE of, so she goes ballistic, claws and fur flying with a big howl and he runs off.

The garden is more neutral territory although she used to freak out completely when she saw him there. What happened this time around was more of a deathstare:

and some loud swearing in 'cat'

however to my amazement it then turned into a game of very pointed mutual ignoring of one another

lalala can't hear you

what? there is no you there that I could not hear because I am alone in the garden!

A portrait of the boy

Here he is again chilling out, although sneakily trying to scent mark my bag. Nikita corrected that when we were back inside, fortunately just by rubbing her face all over it.

Nikita checking out how well her spots work as camouflage in dappled light

I don't remember what she was looking at there

Clearly something baffling

..and then after a bit Squeak gave up and went into the neighbouring garden and Nikita went back into pure investigative mode

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow, these photos are great!!! I'm glad they're getting to the "ignore each other" point

I LOVE these 2

Originally Posted by Siggav

The garden is more neutral territory although she used to freak out completely when she saw him there. What happened this time around was more of a deathstare:

I love this caption!

Clearly something baffling

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I ALWAYS love your pics.

That Squeak sure is a handsome guy.

And Nikita is simply ravishing, as always.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is just toooo funny! I laughed out loud! Good thing no one else is in the room with me!

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

SUCH language from a lady!!!!!!

BTW - that is an amazing picture with the crinkled up nose velvet!!!!

lmunsie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
those pictures are JUST beautiful!! very cute! I know if cello was outside he would FREAK if we came close to another cat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

siggav

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone

I use a Nikon D80 now, these were taken with the 18-135mm lens.

Nikita used to freak out completely running into Squeak in the garden, so much so that I had to stop taking her out. She used to come running when I picked up her harness and leash and she started hiding instead. She was also very cat agressive and used to run at him hugely poofed out with her fur all up in the air, hiss and then if he didn't run away she'd run at him at which point he took the hint and took off.

He's always been fairly chilled out, I think he was neutered late, he's got that air of an intact tom that's not too worried about a female 'hissyfit' in many ways that has been good though because he's never really been aggressive at Nikita so she's slowly gotten a bit more easy going about seeing him in the garden and now they're into the "ignore" state which is plenty good.

However if he tries to get into our flat (he's tried to door-dart into the flat a few times) she goes ballistic and attacks him but that's fair enough really, the garden is more of a neutral territory while the flat is hers and her core area.

Glad you enjoyed the pics

lil maggie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The pics are fantastic!!

Nikita is so strikingly beautiful! Such rich colors and spots with a gorgeous face

Great that Squeak understands women lol.

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love the pictures, the 'tudes, and especially the captions!

kittybernard

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Amazing pics & so funny/cute! So glad you took the time to write this out for all of us to read!!

Originally Posted by AddieBee

BTW - that is an amazing picture with the crinkled up nose velvet!!!!
WOW.. ditto! I've never seem a more professional nose crinkle!!

firedancer722

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Thanks everyone

I use a Nikon D80 now, these were taken with the 18-135mm lens.
OMG - your pics are gorgeous!! My sister has the D80 and her pics of her children are as good as professional IMHO. It makes me REALLY want to get one of those cameras!!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by clixpix

I love the pictures, the 'tudes, and especially the captions!
There are a couple of guys around our neighbourhood that cause Fawn particularly, but also Cindy occasionally, to swear. Those postures are very familiar.

zorana_dragonky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love your captions! They made me laugh so hard! Nikita is a gorgeous cat, and I love it when you post photos. She is so funny and beautiful. Thanks!