Cat Nutrition & Food

mandy1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Can someone explain to me why Evo cat food is better then purina? thread , I know its better because of the no by-products. but why else?...

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
evo
NO grains , ultra LOW carb
Multiple meats using meats and meals with NO by products
no artificial colors , flavors

Purina

Loads of byproducts ( ie heads , feet ,viscose),
corn(least digestible of the common grains) ,
brewers rice ( low quality of rice) ,
many have artificial colors or flavors ( these are more common allergens than grains),

basically purina is a sub compact and evo is the full size luxury car

firedancer722

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

evo

basically purina is a sub compact and evo is the full size luxury car

agreed.... although I don't feed Evo, but to me, purina is full of a lot of things that cats don't need and/or can't utilize, so it's just empty calories. Which means they have to eat a lot more of it than a premium food to get what nutrients they DO require. Whereas, with your Evo and other premium foods, it's like a nice healthy protein shake for kitties with all the nutrients in a kibble-sized package.

sharon_fdcc

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

evo basically purina is a sub compact and evo is the full size luxury car
Hehehe...

poor Micha! I drive a sub compact car... and eat generic cornflakes!

Seriously, where I live (outskirts of a Mexican city) my only options are Cat Chow, Friskies or Whiskas. For now I am opting for Friskies (Whiskas gives her really smelly gas!!!) with near daily supplement of a bit of raw chicken or beef, and an occasional batch of kitten glop...

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharon_fdcc

Hehehe...

poor Micha! I drive a sub compact car... and eat generic cornflakes!

Seriously, where I live (outskirts of a Mexican city) my only options are Cat Chow, Friskies or Whiskas. For now I am opting for Friskies (Whiskas gives her really smelly gas!!!) with near daily supplement of a bit of raw chicken or beef, and an occasional batch of kitten glop...
your doing the best you can ... ie here in the US we are spoiled by what foods we can get ... you may want to compare cat chow to friskies : here cat chow has no artificial colors or flavors while friskies does