Found a kittten on my way to work today.

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She was chasing (literally running her little legs off!) after a man on the sidewalk. The guy was a street person. He was shooing her away. I quickly pulled over and scooped her up just as a dog was barking at her through a fence. She is a tortie, I would suspect about 5 weeks old. So cute.
I have her at work now in a w.b. mason computer paper box with holes cut in it.
I have no idea what I am gonna do with her...should be an interesting weekend.

Kinda weird being at work and dealing with this. She made poopy and peepee in a foldable litter box I went and bought. So at least she can do that. She drank alot of water so far and ate a little kibble. Playing with a toy mouse I bought for her. She is really a beauty of a kittten.

I have named her Sophie.

lawguy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Cool. Suspected feral kitten, dumped kitten, or kitty escape artist who got out of her home?

Leave a message with the police and local shelters in case somebody is looking for her. Also, post some "found" signs around the area you found her.

If nobody claims her, either keep her or get her adopted to a good home.

ETA: Also, it might be worth having somebody scan her for a microchip just in case.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You guys are killing me! I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to keep her. But I have my 3 in a small space as it is. We do okay but I don't want to upset the balance by bringing in a new cat. I really adore her though. She is sooo gorgeous. I will try and get a picture soon. The shelter said they will take her. They are a no-kill shelter that I got my Fiona from. I know she will get a good home. She is everything that is precious about a little kitten. 100% great kitty.

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
okay...posting pics soon over in the picture section.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fifi1puss

You guys are killing me! I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to keep her. But I have my 3 in a small space as it is. We do okay but I don't want to upset the balance by bringing in a new cat. I really adore her though. She is sooo gorgeous. I will try and get a picture soon. The shelter said they will take her. They are a no-kill shelter that I got my Fiona from. I know she will get a good home. She is everything that is precious about a little kitten. 100% great kitty.
Just over a week ago I would have told you that you HAVE to keep her, but considering the unrest I have experienced in my home over the last week I totally understand not being able to keep her. Good for you saving this sweet girl from the street.

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I had a room I could block off for her I would take her in a heartbeat!
She really stole my heart very quickly.

My cats are very nice to other cats. I am fortunate. I know this. But I live in a studio-ish apartment. I have a kitchen section and a bed/living area and a bathroom. But no doors except the one to the bathroom (which doesn't close tight)
So if I have any probelms it will be a HUGE issue. Don't want to rock the boat..or dinghy in my case.

I figure if others didn't give over Fiona and ReeRee when they were found they wouldn't be mine. I want someone else to have the chance to love her. I know she will find that someone.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good for you. Sometimes the hardest thing is to know your limit. Sounds like your place is smaller than mine. I have a 1-bedroom, but the only door I have is in the bathroom (hence the need for a cage while I've had the fighting).

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I purposely got it small as I could so I wouldn't be able to get another cat or....a dog.
I want a poodle really badly.

My apartment is a large studio. A kitchen room but no door, a bathroom but the door doesn't lock shut, and a living/sleeping area. My kids are fine. They have alot of vertical space and plenty of beds around. Fortunately they are okay. But to add another....playing with fire.

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I took her to the shelter where I got Fiona. This was friday. They said she was super skinny and about 6 weeks old (i suspected 5) but she is super friendly and lovable. Leuk. neg. but had ear mites. they are gonna treat her for the mites and give her a flea treatment. I am gonna go by toinite because they said by the end of the weekend she should be up for adoption. I just want to see her one last time.