Susan Boyle - a cat lady with the voice of an angel

siggav

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi,

I've searched around but I can't see this posted anywhere yet.

This is really heart warming and fabulous to see.

Susan Boyle is a 47 year old scottish woman who has lived alone with her cat Pebbles now after her mother died. She took care of her mother while the mother was sick.

Everyone was really expecting her to be awful just judging from her looks and her lack of manifactured sophistication but once she starts singing she blows them all away. It's really touching.

Simon Cowell is one of the judges, the americans here should be familiar with him from American Idol and he's just bowled over by Susan.

Anyway with things now being tough for a lot of people I wanted to share this really heart warming and beautiful video clip.

If this has been posted already somewhere, then oops. I did search the forums but nothing turned up.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

siggav

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ah, well my PL membership expired so I can't see any threads or post in there atm.

Still, yes, definitely ok to be out where everyone can see as well

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh man! That made me cry, that was so good!

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was great but I don't see why everyone thought she would be bad! I saw how they laughed at her and I was just like umm okay.
I think she has a great voice but it's not something extraordinary, other competitors in these shows have had similar great voices.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought her voice was really something special. I am a musician, but not a vocalist, so I can't really describe it. She really brought tears to my eyes, but then just about everything does for some reason these days, LOL.

lil maggie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Siggav

Simon Cowell is one of the judges, the americans here should be familiar with him from American Idol and he's just bowled over by Susan.
And that's no easy feat! I'm not sure Simon likes any singer

I also don't understand why everyone thought she would be awful? I've seen too many cutsie people get ahead that are so untalented, it's sad!
Anyway, I thought she was very good and hope she continues singing!

sailfish

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm a 52 year old construction worker. I saw her sing on two channels at different times. She made me cry twice. God bless her. She's an Angel.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Everyone was laughing because she doesn't like an American Idol type performer that people expect to win these sort of competitions. There are SO many bad people out there who are completely delusional about their talent (or lack thereof) that everyone expected her to be very bad. Particularly when she didn't seem terribly "polished", and forgot the word "village"

She proved everyone wrong though, and in just a few days, that video has received close to 14 million hits, and will keep on climbing!

fairy_kitten

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I actually just saw this on the news just a couple of minutes ago,This just shows that people should not judge by the looks of others.I am glad she shocked the world.I think she did a great job,and even to impress Simon
Way to go, and best of luck to her

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This was certainly an inspiring story to say the least. It is nice when a total surprise happens that makes people stop and just think about the fact that things aren't always what they appear to be. We need more wonderful stories and wonderful people like Susan Boyle.. if for nothing else to keep us humble.

junebugbear07

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I saw her on Good Morning America, she is amazing!! I really hope she wins!!! She really proved those people wrong!!!

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's amazing. There's a purity there that you don't see on any of these shows. I think that's what captured people.

I never watch American Idol. I never watch any of those shows. The people coming out and singing all look the same, even though they're obviously trying to be "different". They all sound the same.....screeching attempts at vocalization.

This woman sings. Her voice is smooth and powerful from top to bottom. There's no break in it. (Most singers have a place in their voice where they have to work really hard so the sound stays the same.) What she does is effortless, and her emotion during the song is pure....not manufactured.

I was blown away by this video and her natural talent. I hope she wins.

threecatowner

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by nanner

She's amazing. There's a purity there that you don't see on any of these shows. I think that's what captured people.

I was blown away by this video and her natural talent. I hope she wins.
I never watch American Idol, or other shows like it, either, but this lady was amazing. I think you said it best. It's very refreshing to see the underdogs out there.

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've watched this clip multiple times since first seeing it, mostly because I've been showing other people. This woman's voice is amazing. I love how she proved everyone wrong, since they didn't think she'd be any good. I really hope she wins.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I agree with nanner, she has a raw, natural, pure talent. Being able to sing like that cannot be learned. Reminds me of Paul Potts a few years ago- everyone was blown away by him also

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love this!

It reminds me of the days before MTV when a singer or musician didn't have to be beautiful or handsome! Christopher Cross is a good example - he was extremely successful until he had to make videos. The quality of his music didn't go down but he wasn't "gorgeous."

To make it in the music business now you pretty much have to be beautiful first, talented second... it's pretty sad for the music.