I lost Ollie for about 2 minutes

lawguy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So, I'm in my room watching TV with Ally waiting for a package to arrive. I noticed my sock drawer was open just a crack, and close it. I pet Ally for a minute or two and here little kitty crying noises, but it's not Ally.

So I go around the room looking for Ollie. I look under the bed, I look in the bathroom, I look behind the TV. I can't find him. I panic for about 30 seconds until I hear the sounds again, but can't make out where they're coming from.

I figure, there's no way he could have gotten into that drawer, but decide to take a look. I open it up and he pops his head out.

How the heck did he get in there? It was only open like an inch or so.

Scared the heck out of me for a moment. He's fine. What is this? Hide and seek? If so, he's awesome at it.

catnurse22

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It's amazing how kittens can squeeze in to the tiniest places! This is the very reason my dresser drawers usually stay open as Luke loves to nap in them. Glad you found him quickly and all is well!!

carla1183

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We very often get what we call a "drawer full of kitty!" Sometimes there are places that I swear their skullbones could never fit into that the manage to get into!

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Their bones are extremely flexible as they always surprise me where they can fit.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LawGuy

So, I'm in my room watching TV with Ally waiting for a package to arrive. I noticed my sock drawer was open just a crack, and close it. I pet Ally for a minute or two and here little kitty crying noises, but it's not Ally.

So I go around the room looking for Ollie. I look under the bed, I look in the bathroom, I look behind the TV. I can't find him. I panic for about 30 seconds until I hear the sounds again, but can't make out where they're coming from.

I figure, there's no way he could have gotten into that drawer, but decide to take a look. I open it up and he pops his head out.

How the heck did he get in there? It was only open like an inch or so.

Scared the heck out of me for a moment. He's fine. What is this? Hide and seek? If so, he's awesome at it.
Hey, LG! Welcome to KittenLand!!!! They're fast, they're sneaky and they can sqqqquuuueeeeze into small spaces.

bmw kitty cat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Haha one of my kitties loves to open my drawers in hide in them! It pisses me off at times because he will throw out all my clothes!

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by BMW Kitty Cat

Haha one of my kitties loves to open my drawers in hide in them! It pisses me off at times because he will throw out all my clothes!
LOL that happens when I leave my closet door open. It sure has taught me to keep it closed, otherwise all of my clothes are on the floor because Jake tries to climb up the clothes that are on hangers eventually making them all fall

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Shareena did something like that to me. I kept hearing a noise in the kitchen, like silverware clinking together. I wasn't running the dishwasher or anything else that I thought would be making that kind of noise so it took a while to figure out it was actually coming from the silverware drawer. I opened it up and there was Shareena squashed on top of the knives and forks.
She'd gotten into the cupboard underneath the drawer and crawled up through the space where the drawer doesn't quite reach the back wall. Only thing was, she was just a little too big and couldn't get turned around to get back out.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by carla1183

We very often get what we call a "drawer full of kitty!" Sometimes there are places that I swear their skullbones could never fit into that the manage to get into!
Oh yes, I often have drawer full o' kitty too.Sometimes I come home and ALL the drawers are opened...and she is nestled in my undies!

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldyCat

Shareena did something like that to me. I kept hearing a noise in the kitchen, like silverware clinking together. I wasn't running the dishwasher or anything else that I thought would be making that kind of noise so it took a while to figure out it was actually coming from the silverware drawer. I opened it up and there was Shareena squashed on top of the knives and forks.
She'd gotten into the cupboard underneath the drawer and crawled up through the space where the drawer doesn't quite reach the back wall. Only thing was, she was just a little too big and couldn't get turned around to get back out.
This reminds of me of when I lost Petunia in a one-bedroom apartment. I looked all over for her and could not figure out where she could be. I heard some noises in a corner cupboard and there she was, sitting on my dinner plates. She had slipped through a small opening in the back.