A question about bathing

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a new kitten, Emily and her brothers and sister have accepted her very well. My question is: Bailey seems to play with her the most, but little Emily usually ends up on her back and Bailey is washing her belly. He seems to take especially good "care" of her privates...........is this normal??

kittieshasme

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yes, it's normal. Many older cats will take over 'mothering' a young kitten. My Furrari was always willing to clean kittens if he thought they were 'dirty'. It takes time for a kitten to learn to clean itself well and some older cats can't stand a dirty kitten and will clean it up.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maxwell taught Baby Bonnie how to clean herself. When I took her in, she was only a pound and a half and had absolutely no idea how to wash.

She gets irritated now if he licks her too much, since she's a big girl and can now do it all herself, but the very first place his nose goes when he walks up to her is right up her bum.

kittieshasme

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

Maxwell taught Baby Bonnie how to clean herself. When I took her in, she was only a pound and a half and had absolutely no idea how to wash.

She gets irritated now if he licks her too much, since she's a big girl and can now do it all herself, but the very first place his nose goes when he walks up to her is right up her bum.

No wonder Bonnie thinks she's a 'Bengul'.

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fiona did this with ReeRee also. He was 3 months old when we got him and didn't really clean himself. She made sure he was taken care of and pretty soon he was washing himself. It was actually very cute. She was being his momma!