Does anyone else play with their cat in the bathroom?

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Like most kitties, everytime I go to the bathrooom, Kizzy is sitting outside the door....usually his paws are under the door. No matter how short or long of a time I'm in there, I HAVE to play with him.

I either grab a square of toilet paper or use one of those magazine subscription cards, and trail it under the door
I like trying to get his paws....I'll put something just on my side of the door, he can see it and will stick most of his paw/leg under the door.....I catch it

Good way to amuse myself while going potty LMAO.

Anyone else?

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Funny, the things we talk about as cat owners.
Yes, I do! They all come one after the other while I am in there. Even if they are napping. They just know!
Fiona likes to jump INTO my lap...which is uncomfortable but I let her because she doesn't often like cuddles.
My boys are BIG bathroom addicts. I find them just sitting in there, in the dark. I'll turn on the light and they'll be looking up at me...it's pretty funny.

Fiona likes to attack tp so i'll throw her some and watch her go for it.
Luckily she doesn't mess with it on the roll!

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dusty will come in and play with one of her fluff balls. I will throw it and she will chase it.

Sometimes though, either Rusty or Dusty will come in the use the litterbox which is right by the toilet. Ewwww! Sometimes they will do that when I am taking a bath too.

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is so funny, because I often wonder (while the following is happening), "is this really weird that I spend time playing with Larry while I'm on the toilet?"

So, anyhoo....the minute he hears the toilet seat going up, he comes bounding in. He arches his back for some petting, then we start the rug thing. I'll move the rug with my feet, he thinks it's alive and pounces on it, or really grabs it and attacks it with his back feet.

He hasn't seemed to figure out that I'm the one moving it!

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's hilarious

Jake does the same thing- he's always standing at the door waiting for me to come out lol and his paws under the door..
Sometimes if I forget to close the door fully, Jake will push it and walk right in. It freaks me out because before I realize it's just him I'm thinking "omg someone is walking in on me"

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL.....too funny.

I forgot to mention, the odd time Kizzy tries to lock me IN the bathroom. Instead of laying along the side of the wall and start of the door, he'll end up plopped in front of the door, parts of all 4 paws under it and I'll go to open it and it won't budge
(the door on this one opens out)

Help, my cat has me stuck in the bathroom

sparkie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thor literally knocks on the door if you're in the shower and he's not there with you. And he's LOUD when he wants something. He insists you drop your wet towel on his head so he can roll around with it. If you don't ,he'll put up both paws and yank it out of your hands. LOL.

lyrajean

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine thinks I'm Mom and follows me everywhere even into the shower!

I try to keep the lid down so she won't drink the water, by the time I've sat down I often dicover I have a fuzzy backrest...

She then sits in my lap and uses me as a stepping stool to climb on the toilet paper holder then the sink and from there the window sill where I try to hide the TP so she can't shred it. (We like shredding toilet paper very much!).

Then, she has to be right there to watch the flush.... -Very interesting I guess?

sweetpea24

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Mine insists either sitting on my lap or lying down for a tummy rub while I'm on the toilet. He'll sit between theshower curtain and liner sometimes while I take a shower. What's funny is when I use the toilet paper, he watches to see what I'm doing; he'll try to stick his head between my legs or behind me. Then when I flush, he wants to see what'sgoing on in the bowl. I'm afraid he'll fall in! If he only wasn't so curious. I guess i could close the door but that wouldn't be any fun!

twokatz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't play with them but they will come in, jump in the tub and roll over for a belly rub

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

Like most kitties, everytime I go to the bathrooom, Kizzy is sitting outside the door....usually his paws are under the door.
From what I have read on here before, most cats are not confronted with a closed door and simply follow into the bathroom. At that point they are expecting something to happen but I am not quite sure what!

deedeemay

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Arwen will often follow me down to the toilet room (ours is separate from the bathroom) and she will sit outside of it and meow loudly until I come out again.
It's almost like she is saying "Meowmy, where have you gone??"

keycube

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The bathroom is "Priss's Place". The moment I make a motion towards the bathroom, she follows right behind, and climbs up onto her perch until I turn the tap on for her.

carla1183

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Reilly loves to drink out of the bathtub. If one of us goes in the bathroom he goes bolting in there as fast as his little legs will carry him, gets on the ledge of the bathtub and cries if we don't turn it on.

When he was tiny, and my husband first turned on the water and he discovered drinking (and playing!) in it, we used to hunt for him and we'd find his tiny little kitten butt sitting in the bathtub staring up at the faucet. Like for HOURS. We haven't bought him a fountain but we really should - that boy loves running water!

proudmamiof4

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For some reason ??? my cats favorite room in the house is the bathrooms?? All of them! I always have an audience for baths and using the toilet

carla1183

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Also, our master bath is the ONLY room in the house they aren't allowed in (our walk in closet is in there, there's always laundry everywhere that I don't want them laying in, etc) They will lay right at the door if one of us is in there just waiting for us to come out.

junebugbear07

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
When I am in the bathroom my moms cat Chunky Monkey is almost always there!! WHen I take a shower June Bug or Man Cake (sometimes both) will be on the floor when I get out! They always rub up against me when I am still wet!!
I like the extra company
Glad I am not the only one who has kitties who come in the bathroom

tdonline

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I bring my kitties in because they are sneezing so the vet recommended hot shower saunas for them. One of them goes crazy when she sees me start flossing my teeth. She'll start playing with it while I'm flossing away. I usually have a mini play session with the dental floss. Cheap toy!

lil maggie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The minute I head for the bathroom, Maggie tries to beat me to it. I shut the door and she hops up on the sink while I'm busy. She pulls everything like the cotton ball dispenser, kleenex box, hand towels ect that's sitting there into the sink then tries to lay among it. If I stop her, she'll lay in the bowl and dig at the overflow drain. She's certain a giant sink monster resides down there.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Trout likes to play fetch while I am on the toilet.
She drops her ball at my feet and then prowls around my feet until I throw it. Yes.seriously.