mykitten just fell into hot water!!!!!!

yodaddy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
wut do i do..........he justed jumped in the bathtub whyle i was running some hot water..........he is a 4 months old siamese cat.. the bottom of his paws are red and the skin fell off and some parts of his body pink.....ther is no vet open

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

yodaddy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My 4 month old siamese kitten just fell into a hot tub filled with hot water.....his paws are red and some parts of his body is pink.......theres no vet open now..what do i do

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Yikes! How hot was the water? I don't know what to tell you except to treat it the same way you would if you burned yourself. Soak a thin cloth or paper towel in cool water and wrap it around his paws and whatever areas are pink (if he'll let you). Don't use ice. Do not use human pain medication on the kitty. If you have neosporin without the extra anesthetic you could try that. Get him to a vet as soon as you can in the morning. Sending healing for your baby.

kittybernard

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Or if you don't want to wait, you can check online or in a phone book's yellow pages for a 24 hour emergency veterinarian in your area. Make sure the burns stay clean & free of any debris until you can get him to the doctor ASAP.

Sending positive thoughts to your poor kitty..!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Don't put anything on the burns. Run cold water on them, if you can. Get him to a vet as soon as you can; depending on how much of his body was exposed to the hot water, this can be very serious, even fatal.

althekitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I agree with Mrblanche, straight to emergency vet and the cold water if he lets you. A vet really does need to see him and they will obviously know whats best. I hope he is okay.

tamgirl99

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AlleyGirl

That poor baby! I hope you were able to get him to the vet
Ditto that! Can you please update us on your baby? I hope he's okay.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

Methinks this may have been a troll.
Same here - that's what I was thinking since the first post, but I didn't want to say it...

okuda

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This acutally happened to Murphy when he was a kitten. We'd had him about 3 weeks and I was running a bath (Lucky it was a cooler one as it was warm out) I turned my back to get a towel and I just heard this big *SPLASH*

I run in to see this little face paddling in the bubbles. I just grabbed his scruff and pulled him out and shoved him in the towel. He was none the worse for wear but this is the look I got when I put him on the bed in the towel.

He don't really bother me in the bath anymore, unlike Winston, who would drink the whole tub if I let him lol.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

Methinks this may have been a troll.
I did wonder why anybody would be running water that hot in a tub. If it's hot enough to scald a kitten it would definitely scald a human as well.

Originally Posted by Okuda

This acutally happened to Murphy when he was a kitten. We'd had him about 3 weeks and I was running a bath (Lucky it was a cooler one as it was warm out) I turned my back to get a towel and I just heard this big *SPLASH*
Shareena did the same thing when she was about 2 months old, except her splashdown was in the toilet.
You should have seen the pitiful look she gave me when I fished her out and dumped her into the washbowl for a bath. Too bad I didn't have a camera handy.

okuda

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldyCat

Shareena did the same thing when she was about 2 months old, except her splashdown was in the toilet.
You should have seen the pitiful look she gave me when I fished her out and dumped her into the washbowl for a bath. Too bad I didn't have a camera handy.
Oh Murphy did this a week later haha!

I had just flushed the loo and went to wash me hands, when I heard frantic clawing, turned around to see a butt failing in the loo, I just grabbed his tail (the only thing I could get away from claws!) and yanked him out and held him at arms length under the tap to wash him.

He was none too impressed! Funny enough he's not shown interest in a flushing loo since

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum or chat room, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response[1] or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.[2]
This person has to be a troll.

yourbriness763

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mews2much

An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum or chat room, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response[1] or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.[2]
This person has to be a troll.
Thanks! I will read up on the internet lingo, technology these days just baffles me.