I could just cry

ondine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Found a beautiful ragdoll cat on the side of the road today. Poor thing only looked about 4 or 5 months old. He was absolutely beautiful but someone wasn't responsible and now he's buried in my back yard. It just makes me want to cry.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ondine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I did a little research because he was such a stunning cat. I think ha may have been a snowshoe. Looked like a chocolate point Siamese (short hair) with gorgeous white paws and "socks." I thought about putting something on Craig's List to alert his owners because he must have been a purebred.

My husband teases me (lovingly), as I carry several small totes, vinyl gloves and a shovel in my car so I can pick up the cats I see on the side of the road. We have a small "cemetary" already but I can't stand to see them lying there.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sometimes it is all we can do for them.
RIP little Ragdoll, I hope you passed quickly.

Those are also a part of our "car repertoire" (though we have tossable latex gloves). Thankfully we haven't had to use them in over a year.

Laurie

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ondine

Found a beautiful ragdoll cat on the side of the road today. Poor thing only looked about 4 or 5 months old. He was absolutely beautiful but someone wasn't responsible and now he's buried in my back yard. It just makes me want to cry.
Bless you for caring....it might be thoughtful to post about your "find" - he may have gotten out by accident (guest or repairman let him out/ wind blew the door open, etc.
) and now someone is waiting, hoping, praying, and sadly, not knowing

browneyes106

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsknowme

Bless you for caring....it might be thoughtful to post about your "find" - he may have gotten out by accident (guest or repairman let him out/ wind blew the door open, etc.
I agree maybe he got out by accident and maybe his owners weren't neglectful or anything. They could be worried sick about him.

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsknowme

That's exactly what I was about to say!

I hate it when people just wander in or out of the door at someone else's house without first checking to see if a cat is nearby. That happened to me once when Snowball was still living. Someone came into my home and just carelessly left the front door open, and Snowball happened to be a few feet away in the livingroom at the time. Thankfully, he didn't have any interest in escaping.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ondine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My plans to post on Craigs List hit a bump. I don't really want to register - won't I be inundated with spam/adverts?

I've put a flyer up at a nearby community center. Just letting them know he's safe now. Hopefully, they'll see it.

I've also told the neighborhood busy-body. Bless her heart -she's kept several nearby homes from being robbed because she's so nosy. I just love her. She's not a cat person at all but I know she will spread the word.

jcribbs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like you have done all you can do....which is more than most...

And god bless the busy bodies...! They can make a great neighbor.....

browneyes106

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure about craigslists accounts. Maybe if you are worried about make a free email account that you only to plan to monitor for awhile. Another you could do is look up info on any ragdoll catteries in your state and try contacting the catteries to see about kittens they have sold.