Spent the day in the ER (girly issues)

sillyitiliangrl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got sent to the ER yesterday by my doctor because I was in such sever pain I was in tears and shaking. Turns out I have 2 cysts on my ovaries
(3.7cm and 2.3cm)

I can't believe how painful they are! I've never had cysts before, I knew they were painful, but never expected ANYTHING like this pain. They had me on IV dilordid yesterday and sent me home with Oxycodone to take every 2hrs as needed

Anyone else have experiance with this?

catnurse22

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I feel your pain! I've had problems with cysts since I was 15. And yes, they hurt like you wouldn't imagine. Thankfully, none of my cysts have been reason for concern (other than they fact that the hurt like a mother). I've been told it's just "something I'll have to deal with". I get a round of painful cysts every six months or so, usually right before my cycle. Sorry we're in the same boat, and hope you feel better soon!!!

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My best friend has the same thing!! It hurts her so much and she has been to the ER because of the pain so many times...She is 20 now but she's had them since she was 17. They gave her birth control to stop her from ovulating and that has helped her.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No cystic ovaries - at least not cysts that stuck around.

But huge uterine fibroids... had a partial hysto in late 2007. So I do feel your pain. the fibroids were just AWFUL!

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I also have had issue with them a couple of times, and you are right they certainly are painful. The type I get fill with fluid and eventually burst. It was recommended that I start taking a folic acid supplement which I did and it proved quite helpful. That is something you might want to look into or ask about.

catmom2wires

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the info on the folic acid. I, too, have cyst issues, so will definitely try that!

Hope you're feeling better soon, Silly.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sillyitiliangrl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for sharing everyone!

They called the cysts "simple cysts" and the dr said they should resolve on their own. He has me on bedrest for the rest of the week and I have to go in for another sonogram in 2 weeks, hopefully they are gone WELL before then!

vampcow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
awww I'm so sorry that happened!!

that you start to feel better soon.

esrgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mom had cysts on her ovaries and uterus. I know they cause an incredible amount of pain and I hope the docs figure something out for you soon!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sillyitiliangrl

Thanks for sharing everyone!

They called the cysts "simple cysts" and the dr said they should resolve on their own. He has me on bedrest for the rest of the week and I have to go in for another sonogram in 2 weeks, hopefully they are gone WELL before then!
I hope you feel better soon!

I'm surprised he put you on bed rest though, especially for ovarian cysts, which are very common in women.

I work in women's health and see women admitted for surgical removal of ovarian cysts all of the time, but not one single one of them have ever been put on bed rest for the condition.

Bed rest can lead to all kinds of complications such as blood clots. We don't even encourage people with blood clots in their legs to stay in bed anymore.

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a precancerous tumor in my ovary and uterine fibroids in my 20's. I was miserable. I had 2 operations starting with the ovary and then I finally had to get a hysterectomy when I was 28. I felt so much better after that whole ordeal was over.

lil maggie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AlleyGirl

I had a 5cm cyst removed (along with the ovary) last summer. It was SUCH a relief to have it gone!
Me too! I had a complete hystercomy and never been happier

I do hope you feel better soon!