Mum speaks out about cat cruelty

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is absolutely disgusting! I am disturbed by the cats owner feeling all is well since the kitty wasn't physically injured and "kids will be kids" comment. If it was a child he tossed from the rooftop of a two story building screaming and crying into a pool, he would be in jail!
It sounds like Ms. Farrel needs a reality check! Her step son witnessed the act, the 18 year old who did it dated her daughter up till shortly after, she wasn't concerned since the cat wasn't physically injured, and most importantly she has no concern or comment as to why teenagers are tossing animals, hanging out on, and jumping from the roof of her home!

lil maggie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cat was unharmed but the fine did not seem adequate - and I agree. An 18 yr old who tossed the screaming cat off the roof because.......he was bored?
I will never understand it

"He should be taught a lesson, like having to do some voluntary work at the RSPCA," Ms Farrell said. Not a bad idea!

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lil maggie

"He should be taught a lesson, like having to do some voluntary work at the RSPCA," Ms Farrell said. Not a bad idea!
He should be arrested and charged with animal cruelty and at the very least serve community service and placed on probation!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ugh. The worst part is the ones that we don't hear about. This is one of many animal cruely acts that happen around the world. At least this cat was not harmed.

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Ugh. The worst part is the ones that we don't hear about. This is one of many animal cruelty acts that happen around the world. At least this cat was not harmed.
So true!
What is so sad is that sometimes young people who commit acts of animal cruelty do it just for fun and thrills.

junebugbear07

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Poor kitty!!
. Why do people do things like this??? Bored...yah right, that kid is just sick and demented!!! If your bored then go run a few laps around the block, if your bored go volunteer, or better yet if your bored go get a job, not abuse animals!!! Im sorry I have NO tolerance for abuse and when people say its out of boredom, there are so many things you could be doing to not be bored! Thank God this cat was not physically harmed
but this cat had to be mentally harmed....