cat info help! cats reaction?

cherry1411

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hi i was wondering everyone could do me a really big favour. im doing a research project on cats for my degree and if they all react to cat nip. if you could say for each cat you have if they react to it or not i would be so grateful and once ive done the work il post my results up too
so if you could write like

fluffy - yes
bradley- no

thanks!! xx

p.s if you could say in detail how they react that would be nice aswell

admin- i hope this is ok to do i would have emailed to check if i wasnt on a tight deadline

plebayo

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My cat napolean does not react to catnip. He kind of sniffs it and moves on.

lyrajean

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your poll does not have an option for multiples....

Our family cat Midori is a true stoner, as in reacts quite strongly. She just gets mellow and rubs it and eats it and rolls on it. Also scoots her butt over it. Don't know how this makes it taste better, but whatever floats your boat kitty...

My cat Aya could care less about nip, in fact she tends to walk away from it. I have a few catnip toys she loves but I think she likes the chew toy aspect and nto the nip as she does not react at all and even a little adversely to loose nip.

audiocat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
All three of mine have a reaction. Each reaction is different.

Lilly: She gets all relaxed and sleepy. She loves to eat it.

Zachary: Makes him act like a clown. Leaping and playing with his toys.

Forrest: Forrest is an "Angry Nipper". The pupils in his eyes get huge and he gets a little aggressive towards the other cats and us humans. He also will try to keep the other cats away from "his" nip - lunging and barking at them if they get too close. He rolls in it and gets it stuck all over his fur. We don't let him get at the nip too often - but occasionally we let him roll in it cause it can be quite funny.

Nip at our house is like being in a bar late at night. Lilly is the sleepy girl, Zachary is the comic/life of the party and Forrest is the loud angry biker-type drinking way too many shots of whiskey.

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have had kitties that love catnip, but in intervals. I voted no because Maia could care less about catnip, literally! Doesn't react to a catnip sock, a catnip toy, scratching post, nothing! But she is her own, and made this clear!

jiazzi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat likes to eat the catnip but has no reaction to it. And I've seen how crazy cats can get on catnip so I know he's just not one of them.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Patches eats it and then rolls in it. Alice doesn't eat as much of it. She also rolls in it then trys to splay herself out over it so she can keep it all to herself, she doesn't get aggressive to keep it to herself though.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Shareena and Miss Patchwillow don't react at all (they are sisters). I don't know about Goldy. I thought once that she had gotten hold of a catnip toy and kind of went nuts, but then it never happened again. I haven't tried catnip with the kittens.

lil maggie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No reaction at all. Maggie doesn't even like the smell of it and immediately walks away.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My boyfriend's RB cat, Cato, liked nip. He would eat the dry stuff and be more playful even into his dotage. We once made the mistake of giving him a little fresh nip. Geez. It was like he was having a bad acid trip. Another poster here descibed her cat as an angry nipper. Cato got really worked up and aggressive, started staggering around like a drunk, shadow-boxed things that weren't there, tried to bite us if we touched him and then peed on the floor!! Ooohhh kaaaayyy... that didn't go well. No more fresh nip for baby.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sterling loves it and will try to hog it.

Punkin likes it, eats it.

Ella is not wild about it, and didn't react at first, although she was adult.

mn086

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Tiger eats it and that's all, no reaction at all.

Maggie rubs the sides of her face in it and her back sometimes and if Tiger tries to eat Maggie's there is trouble!

cjh27

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi,

two times agression

the cats will roll around in it and then eat it .... and then kind of flipp out. After consuming cat nip particularly my tom cat will start attacking hands (which he normally doesn't do) and protecting his lot of cat nip. This is when we're talking about dry cat nip.

Fresh cat nip in the garden doesn't seem to have such strong an effect- or they eat less of it. They will stroll by and take a bite full before strolling on, without much agression.

christine

zane's pal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My Zane is indifferent to catnip.

Does anyone know if big cats react to it? I'd like to watch (from a save distance) a tiger or a panther on a catnip jag.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Levi - Eats it but does not otherwise get crazy (does love to eat it though)
Jordan - Eats it & rolls in it. If it's in a toy he will go crazy trying to destroy the toy to get at the cat nip.
Isaac - Eats it, rolls in it & gets crazy for a short time.
Maggie - Rolls in & gets a little crazy, Isaac & Maggie usually play together after a little nip.

Smokey (R.I.P) - would get crazy for a short time then lay there like she was catatonic.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
altho all of mine react to a degree, Chip & Pixel react far more strongly than the other 3 do. so i voted 'yes' & 'no' - Cable seems to prefer honeysuckle to catnip, & Java & Firefox don't really care either way - they're more interested in the type of toy than to the nip itself.