Ollie got his last shots today

lawguy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
He's legal now. He had one of those cocktail shots for distemper and a bunch of other things. That I knew he was going to have today. Then the vet threw a curveball at me and told me that they were going to just go ahead and also give him his rabies shot.

I got a little nervous about all that at the same time in his system b/c he's only had 1 vaccination before (at the humane society before I adopted him) and he couldn't get any more until last week (but I was out of town).

So, I asked to pay for a shot of benadryl first, but they were nice to me and actually went ahead and did it free of charge. That was really nice of them because they were already picking up the bill for the rabies shot as part of the humane society adoption program. All I paid was $28.04 for the distemper/etc cocktail shot.

So, now neither cat needs anything for a year except for me to get them Minnesota tags (not sure if it goes by county or state there) once we move. That's not for 2 months though (complications set things back a bit).

lilyluvscats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Isn't it a good feeling to have them all vetted? I don't have to bring anyone for about 5 months unless someone gets sick....knocks on wood.

I just wanted to mention to you there is some wet jet swiffer rumors. Not sure how true they are.....that the solution may be toxic to dogs and cats. maybe others can clear this up. Just wanted to make sure you knew before you bought or used one. Something else to worry about....right? sorry....I guess any cleaning solution would be toxic if it gets on their paws and they lick it off.

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lilyluvscats

Isn't it a good feeling to have them all vetted? I don't have to bring anyone for about 5 months unless someone gets sick....knocks on wood.

I just wanted to mention to you there is some wet jet swiffer rumors. Not sure how true they are.....that the solution may be toxic to dogs and cats. maybe others can clear this up. Just wanted to make sure you knew before you bought or used one. Something else to worry about....right? sorry....I guess any cleaning solution would be toxic if it gets on their paws and they lick it off.
I heard about the wet jet swiffers too, but I found out it's an urban legend!!
I don't use it anyway tho..

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lawguy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
wow. I had no idea. I've been cleaning the bathroom with the litter box using a Swiffer Sweep & Vac followed by a Swiffer Wet-Jet with the anti-bacterial formula.

No problems so far. I'll look ino that rumor. I hope Utopia is right in it being an urban legend.

I don't let them go back in there for about 15 minutes after I've used it and the cleaning solution has dried.

lilyluvscats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I assume once it's dry it's ok. Cats lick anything wet off their paws. That's probably why some cats have gotten sick from the Swiffer wet-jet.