Slicks kittens

calismom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
are they white with black spots or black with white spots? I love black and white kittes! They are my favorite!

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Where's the cuteness warning?!?
When were they born?

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
six babies on March 26-27. The father, another ferral I call Ranger is also B&W. I have a feeling they may be long hair. It took 12 days for their eyes to open. They look a bit fuzzy to be short haired. She is an excellent mother; tolerates me picking them up but gives anyone else the evil eye. Two are white with black spots; the rest are the opposite. The one white one has a gray circle around each eye. He looks like a panda, in fact that is his name. They are starting to play and hit eachother. So sweet. They are a little over 2 weeks old. I know they should be weaned by 4 weeks. I will get the kitten attract litter. Any tips would be appreciated. All my other cats came to me full grown. Thanks for taking a look at the babes!! Shannon

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
They don't need to be weaned by 4 weeks. They will still nurse from mom for quite some time yet. The only thing I would start them on at 4 weeks is solid food and the litter box. They still want and NEED mom

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Four weeks is fine for litter training, it's far too early for them to be weaned. My kittens started eating a little solid food by 5 weeks of age but they still got most of their nutrition from mom until closer to 8 weeks. They're over 7 months now and still occasionally want to nurse.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yup, yup on the nursing. Keep them with mama until at least 10 weeks so she can teach them good catiquette.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The white ones with black spots are "van" pattern. They do look like dominos or a soccor ball.....

And you can try to introduce them to canned kitten food at 4 weeks, but its usually 5 or 6 weeks before they are really eating solid food. Let mom do the weaning - no reason for you to start it at 4 weeks. Kittens will nurse up to 8 weeks of mom allows it.

Just plan on keeping them all together for 10-12 weeks minimum.

BTW I'd love to see a pix of Panda

lyrajean

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm seeing spots....giggles...

Too cute! Looks like you've got some white with black, and some black with white. All you'd need is a r'ed all over' and you'd have a newspaper -hee!...

Okay, bad joke...

cutekittenkat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww, I love the white with black spots or "Van" coloured kitties!

Such cute little bundles!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by farleyv

Two are white with black spots; the rest are the opposite. The one white one has a gray circle around each eye. He looks like a panda, in fact that is his name.
he sounds adorable! the van patterned ones are the ones i liked best, too.