Food for two boys?? - one senior, one sensitive tummy...

firedancer722

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi guys,

So, I have tried a few different foods for my boys because Siddha (11 months old) seems to have a sensitive tummy. I transitioned him from the SD kitten he came home on to Solid Gold Katz-n-Flocken, but he had really soft poops for at least 6 weeks. I figured it was time to change so I went for California Natural. I've had them both fully transitioned for about a month, and I'm noticing no more soft poops, but one of the kitties must be having some trouble with constipation, because there are little hard poop balls in the litter box now.

Sooo... with all that said, I am wondering where to go next for a couple of reasons, one is because of the poop issue, and the other is because I'm worried about possible urinary tract issues with the california natural. Neither kitties has had a problem yet, but I just was reading that CN is really high for a UT friendly food. I don't want to cause any problems in the future!

THANK YOU for any help or suggestions!

Candace

P.S. I also feed 3 oz of Friskies prime filets to each kitty every evening.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

firedancer722

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
shameless bump...

i don't mean to be impatient, but i'm going to nashville later today and it's my only opportunity until next week to have a wide variety of foods to choose from.

THANKS!!!!!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
can you add some butter or oil to their diets>>?? this may seem strange but has worked on many occasions

firedancer722

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
is the butter / oil for the constipation? do I just add it to their wet food? What about the risk of urinary issues later on down the road?

Thanks

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by firedancer722

is the butter / oil for the constipation? do I just add it to their wet food? What about the risk of urinary issues later on down the road?

Thanks
butter and oils are fats thus would not be a big impact item on uti health ...

yes add a little to the wet food, 4 of my 5 love butter and get it as a "treat"

firedancer722

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
thanks for the tip!

as far as the UT stuff, I was asking because of the magnesium level in the California Natural being quite high. I don't want to cause a problem in the future.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Many cats are fine , if you have had prior issues with a cat then use a food lower