Some of my favorite snakies (warning: some are eating)

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They are very pretty. I was at the All About Pets show today and a gentleman let me hold a small ball python. It was smooth but cool to the touch. He said the temperature at the show was a bit cool for them. I really enjoyed holding it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

They are very pretty. I was at the All About Pets show today and a gentleman let me hold a small ball python. It was smooth but cool to the touch. He said the temperature at the show was a bit cool for them. I really enjoyed holding it.
Glad you were able to hold one. June is usually the best time for them.... I don't generally take mine out untill the temps hit the 20's.

If you are really interested in seeing more, and I mean tons more.... think about going to the Ontario Reptile Show and Sale. ( http://www.reptileexpo.ca/ ) Held in Missisauga as well.

or

The Canadian Reptile Breeder's Expo.... this one is a sore spot for me
I was fully booked but had to back out in November when my hands started incapacitating me. This year I'm not breeding
as opposed to the 32 pairings I had planned. BUT I will still be going to this show, it's a Canadian milestone in the reptile industry and of course, I want to see my friends.

http://www.reptilebreedersexpo.ca/home.html

It's in June, at the international center in Missisauga, for 2 days.

You will see more reptiles than you knew we had in Canada LOL..... and you'll be able to hold alot more.

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Amazingly beautiful! Thanks for sharing

Do snakes get stressed when strangers handle them? Indeed, would you know if they can tell who's their owner and who is a stranger?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by BabyWukong

Amazingly beautiful! Thanks for sharing

Do snakes get stressed when strangers handle them? Indeed, would you know if they can tell who's their owner and who is a stranger?
Thank you.

Most of my corns are pretty easy going, and don't mind handling by anyone. My boa's, I don't trust with anyone other than myself... others can touch them and even hold a section of their body but I just don't trust them enough to let someone completely hold them other than people in my house.

They definately can tell the difference between me or someone not familiar, by scent, and some will always try to climb back to me if I'm right there

I had one snake who hated females. Because of that I had to sell her as no matter what, she would be highly aggressive which is something I don't want around with my children. I didn't realise her preference at first, but.... I bought her from a man who said her temperment was good (aside from feeding time LOL) and got her home.... I tried to handle her regularly to get her used to me, but to no avail... so I thought she was just an aggressive snake. I sold her, disclosing how aggressive she was, to a young man whom I still talk to. She has never once tried to bite him...
although she does get aggressive towards his girlfriend.

ninacaliente

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Beautiful snakes! The corns I have right now are just little 08s, and I can't wait for them to get bigger. I used to have a big Anery girl named Pandora - she was my favorite snake.

I love Brownie! Ambers are so pretty. If only I had more cage space...

hypancistrus

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Awesome... very nice cornsnakes. They have such lovely colors... it can be addicting, looking at all the morphs.