Wilbur is going crazy

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know what the heck this is.

The other day I noticed there were drops of water on the leather in my chair. I couldn't figure out how they got there, but eventually gave up.

Today, I was petting wilbur, he was laying on the bed and i was next to him in my chair. I got up to go to the bahtroom. i came out like 1 minute later. Wilbur was standing in my chair. kind of crouched. he had a really distorted look to him like he was hurting. I went to see what was wrong, he turned around and was drooling like crazy. and wouldn't move. i petted him and he still wouldn't move. when i tried to turn him a litle he hissed. he's never hissed at me for any reason.

after a couple minutes he started meowing, and still stood crouched. then he came to me and started rubbing my leg. i picked him up and couldn't feel anything wrong.

He seemed to come around but there's something wrong. he keeps frantically searching the room. looking in every nook and cranny he can find. the drooling stopped, and he's moving and walking normal again but for the last 20 minutes he won't stop moving. he keeps searching for something.

I am afraid he had a seizure but I'm not sure. he seems otherwise ok now and when i pet him he bows his back like normal. but i'm worried about this searching.

any ideas? I can't figure out what he's looking for. the ONLY thing abnormal i can think of, is I put one of those plugin air freshners in the bathroom. but I unplugged it when he started getting weird.

I'm thinking the other time i came in and saw those water drops it was his drool then too.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If Wilbur's odd behavior is something new...
I would not try to guess what the problem is...
but would get him to your vet asap, to rule out anything serious.

Wilbur

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He could have ingested something he shouldn't have - that is my first thought for him to react like that. I would go to the vet ASAP.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He needs to get to the vet ASAP, even an emergency vet. Sounds like he could have some urinary issues going on and that's very painful.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree, get him to a vet! I don't want to scare you, but that is how Monster first acted before she started having full blown seizures. Drooling and looking in every corner are definitely symptoms Monster had. Does Wilbur seem confused or disoriented? Monster's problem was she found the one ant trap we didn't find before bringing her home and it became her toy for the day, and it poisoned her.

Harley also had minor symptoms once, and we got him to the vet asap but it turns out he just ate a bug that left a bad taste in his mouth (hence the drooling). Hopefully that is what happened here and the searching is just looking for his "toy". Let us know what happens.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Can he see outside? Is it possible he saw or smelled another male cat?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wups, forgot to reply to this.

Last night after i posted this i scooped him up and sat down in my chari with him. we both fell asleep for a number of hours.

I took him to the e-vet this morning and she said there's a good chance he ate a poisonous bug or was bitten by a spider. But the fact that it was 12 hours after it happening and he recovered meant whatever it was, it wasn't fatal and he should recover. She did tests and they all came out fine.

Poor guy, I felt awful for him. Glad he's better now. he's still not himself but he's much better i can tell

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fastnoc

Wups, forgot to reply to this.

Last night after i posted this i scooped him up and sat down in my chari with him. we both fell asleep for a number of hours.

I took him to the e-vet this morning and she said there's a good chance he ate a poisonous bug or was bitten by a spider. But the fact that it was 12 hours after it happening and he recovered meant whatever it was, it wasn't fatal and he should recover. She did tests and they all came out fine.

Poor guy, I felt awful for him. Glad he's better now. he's still not himself but he's much better i can tell
Wow, next time you and he might not be so lucky. Glad he's doing better.