Savannah on Craigslist

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That boy is gorgeous....I love savannahs and I'd definitely love to give a home to one, if only I didn't have a million other things in my life right now (college life) ..

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
he is gorgeous. I bet his owners are worried sick.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ninacaliente

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cococat

he is gorgeous. I bet his owners are worried sick.
Yes, you'd think his original owners MUST be looking for him. He was found with collar and tags, after all.

kittymonsters

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is so much wrong with that craigslist post. If the cat had a collar and tags the owner can be easily located.

It sounds like the "rescuer" has decided the original owner is a "bad" owner and has decided not to return the cat.

I had a friend just go through this with another rescue group (dog this time) where they actually stole the dog from the guys yard!

Sorry, there are so many homeless cats and dogs that keeping one that already has a home is morally wrong as well as criminal. I am sure the original owner paid over $500 for that cat and it would be considered felony theft.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR big pet peeve of mine!

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittymonsters

There is so much wrong with that craigslist post. If the cat had a collar and tags the owner can be easily located.

It sounds like the "rescuer" has decided the original owner is a "bad" owner and has decided not to return the cat.

I had a friend just go through this with another rescue group (dog this time) where they actually stole the dog from the guys yard!

Sorry, there are so many homeless cats and dogs that keeping one that already has a home is morally wrong as well as criminal. I am sure the original owner paid over $500 for that cat and it would be considered felony theft.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR big pet peeve of mine!
It says that he was taken to a shelter and there was no luck with the owners coming to claim him...

kittymonsters

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ut0pia

It says that he was taken to a shelter and there was no luck with the owners coming to claim him...
The thing is the shelter would have contacted the owners not just waited to see if anyone showed up. Also if he was taken to a shelter how does this guy know it is a 6 year old F2 Savannah? He has only had the cat for a few months.

F2 's should not be sold as pets and I highly doubt any shelter would adopt one out, even in Elk River.

Sorry there had just been a lot of this type of thing happening on Craigslists all over the country.

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittymonsters

The thing is the shelter would have contacted the owners not just waited to see if anyone showed up. Also if he was taken to a shelter how does this guy know it is a 6 year old F2 Savannah? He has only had the cat for a few months.

F2 's should not be sold as pets and I highly doubt any shelter would adopt one out, even in Elk River.

Sorry there had just been a lot of this type of thing happening on Craigslists all over the country.
I see your point.. this person definitely would have no way of knowing that it's an F2 savannah, average people who rescue cats are not savannah experts and i'm pretty sure even I wouldn't recognize an F2 savannah even though I'm interested in the breed...

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is SO much bogus stuff on CL... a guy offering up Persian "brothers" to a good home b/c ... the impression I got... his pregnant wife was MAKING him do it. If they were really brothers - they weren't from the same litter - different ages listed. And no pics. The post disappeared pretty quickly, too.