Okay admit it!

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We've all done it, made complete fools of ourselves by getting hurt in some dumb way... now spill it! What is your worst or latest?

I just burnt my cheek on molten cheese because I bit into my cheese filled hot dog and it exploded on me... lol yeah I feel dumb!

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OUCH!!!!

I actually can't think of anything at the moment - except being on TCS for like 5 hours straight two days ago and now having really bad neck pains [I was sitting on my bed hunched over my laptop]

yourbriness763

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok, so I live in an apt complex & we live on the 2nd floor so at the top of the steps inside the building there's a door that leads to hallway where there are 4 apts on the 2nd floor, so anyways I'm walking up the stairs & go to open the door but apparently I didn't open it far enough & walked straight into the door - I still have a huge bruise on my arm from that stupid door!!! It wasn't very funny at the time matter fact I was pretty pissed but now I think it's hilarious!

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last week, I was straightening my hair and there was a weird smell in my room. I wanted to know if it was coming from the straightener so I tried to smell it. I got a little too close and burnt my nose.
I had a line across the tip of my nose that turned really red and got a scab on it. My boss called me rudolph for a couple days.

It was really painful, but funny at the same time because it was really stupid of me to smell something that is 430 degrees.

kscatlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was six I broke my pinky by rolling skating over it. Yes I roller skated over my own finger. And it all went down hill from there. I'm very clumsy.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My foot slipped off the edge of a driveway and I broke it
and no I wasn't drunk- I would admit it if I was cause that would make it sound a little less stupid!

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My most recent was burning my hand on a poptart.

My worst was a few years ago. I was trying to dump some water from my aquarium. I had drained most of it. I decided it would be a good idea to dump the rest on my lawn. I didn't want the dog to escape so while juggleing the aquarium . I kicked the door closed. My one hand was still in it. I howled for quite some time.

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I remember the second most embarassing thing I've ever done. The first most embarassing will not be posted on a family friendly website.

I was living in Montana, walking to a friend's house. it was winter time and very cold but I didn't have gloves. So i had my hands buried in my jean pockets.

I stumbled on the curb in front of a gas station that had lots of people walking around. because I had jammed my hands so deep in my pockets, as I fell forward I didn't have time to get my hands out. I fell flat on my face and split my lip. Even as I lay there bleeding my hands were still in my pockets.

meowqueensdaddy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok, this is technical.

Last May, I had to use a screw extractor (which is kinda like a reverse tapered drill bit) to remove a stuck oil pressure relief plug (looks like a Really Big flat head screw) on a VW Beetle engine. That involves using a drill to make a hole in the fastener, and the screw extractor goes into the hole, then you turn the whole thing with a wrench. It's also on the very bottom of the engine block.

So, not wanting to take the motor out of the car (actually a fairly easy procedure on an old VW), I just jacked it up, got on my back with a cordless drill, and went to work. After getting about half of my hole drilled, I finally realized I wasn't wearing eye protection! So, I reached for the toolbag, grabbed the saftey glasses, and went back to work. Not two seconds after I started the drill up again, a tiny piece of stainless steel slag flew at the bridge of my nose, and somehow bounced *directly* into my right eye, eye protection be damned.

Somehow, I managed to set down the drill, roll out from under the bug, get my filthy nitrile gloves off, and walk back into the house, all without blinking. Somehow I also managed to find a big magnet in my toolbag somewhere along the way. Once I got back into the house, I stumbled into the bathroom, holding my eye open, and managed to use my super strong magnet-on-a-stick to yank the steel chip out of my eye.

That all being said and done, I rinsed my eye out. I didn't seem to have actually damaged anything, so, after a bit of a break, I went back to work.

The thing about an air-cooled engine is that it tends to suck in all sorts of random *stuff*, like insects, bits of random debris, pollen, random plant matter, and, oh... right... pollen. All this stuff can be found in and around the engine, especially when your regular parking spot is in the vicinity of gardens and trees in position to dump leaves & stuff directly onto the car.

I'd gotten the plug out, replaced the offending hardware (a spring and a little plunger goodie), and even installed a new plug with a more civilized hex head (so it's a bolt, instead of a screw), and AS I was torquing the bolt down, I got POLLEN in my right eye, again in spite of eye protection. Pollen, not being a ferrous metal, is immune from the aforementioned magnet. Pollen, as I discovered, had to be washed out. And when you have allergies, pollen in the eye hurts. bad. Especially when you need to work the next morning before flying to Disneyland for the GF's family get-together.

But... nothing beats picking up the wrong end of a hot, 220-watt soldering iron.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have done two really dumb things in my life that caused me serious damage.

Number one was arriving at an hotel late for dinner, throwing my suitcase into my room and later forgetting I had put it there and tripping over it as I returned, flying across the room and dislocating my shoulder. I spent the night in the ER.

Second, was horse riding in the snow, being terribly careful not to let the horse slip, and then returning to the paddock and tying him up, taking one step away, slipping on ice and breaking my wrist as I hit the wooden fence.

Both really stupid.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was 18 months old I was following my Dad out in our yard. (I was always Daddy's little girl). Well, my Dad was building a shed out of sheet metal. He had one of the pieces laid out on the ground. I stepped into a puddle of water and then onto the steel, barefoot! This was a hot July day and the steel was in the sun. My feet stuck to the hot steel and when I put my hands down to try to move my feet, they stuck too!! I had 2nd degree burns on both feet and hands! My Mom told me my feet were one solid blister and my hands were blistered. the only reason I was not hospitalized was that my Dad knew what to do to take care of me (he worked at the hospital). I am glad I don't remember that because burns are so painful. The only thing I remember about that time frame was where my crib sat.

The other thing happened when I was in High School. I was in the school play and was in the dressing room getting into my costume. I was backing up, looking in the mirror to see if my costume was alright. I spun around to go to the make-up room and ran right into the column behind me! I had the biggest black eye!! I didn't have to put any purple eye make-up on at all

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my... you'd think dancing for 8+ years would have given me some grace but I'm a huge clutz! I walk into things all the time and am constantly finding unexplained bruises.

My worst/most stupid happened on June 22nd 2007. It was the day before my wedding. We got married on Mackinac Island which does not have any motorized vehicles! So, we had just arrived (DH stayed behind to wait for his family) and I was walking to the hotel with our best man. I was carrying my travel bag, purse and wedding dress. Our best man was carrying two tuxes and two pair of dress shoes (his and hubby's). Well, the walk was longer than we thought and toward the end I saw a fire hydrant sticking out into the sidewalk.

Someone put the cone on it later in the week.

Now, I'm going to put part of the blame on our best man because instead of stepping off the surb or dorpping back to let me go ahead he only moved to the side a step or two. So, I tried to swing my hips over to dodge the hydrant and because of my dress I couldn't see exactly where it was. Well, instead of missing it I plowed right into/through it with my thigh! I didn't stop but the little bolt drug through my leg instead. I knew instantly that it was going to bruis but I had NO idea what I was in for. I hurt like the dickens. So, we get to the hotel, check in and I get ice right away. This is what it looked like about 30 minutes after it happened once I had already iced it for a few minutes.

It was bigger than my fist and took a good 3 months for the bruise to dissapear and another 3-6 before I couldn't feel the tear/knot in my muscle.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, I find this funny, and my hubby and family finds it funny.

My hubby and I are, well if you didn't know us you would think we didn't like each other.... we harass each other alot, wrestle, toy around, verbally and physically, things like that. Its all in love I assure you..... He would never hurt me on purpose, and I would never hurt him on purpose (like aside from a well placed pinch hee hee hee). Now, he has above average strength in his hands, as well as just general strength (farm boy).

A bunch of: You would think I would learn by now.

- hubby sitting there quietly... me beside him.... out of nowhere I lean away from him and let some gaseous explosions out. What do you think would happen? He slaps my butt, and it hurts LMAO.

You would think, I would think.

- when I "attack" hubby, you would think i would learn to try to protect myself, but noooooooooooo. I go all out in my attack, and I'm the one that suffers

You would think I would think.

- k, hubby and I insult each other on a regular basis. All in fun (please know that). But we often forget how it looks to other people who may not know us as well and that has gotten us looks before (thankfully noone has ever called the cops LOL. and thankfully a good chunk of my street are police officers who are friends, and we also harass each other regularly).

so yah: family xmas dinner. Hubby's family. Me n' Mark being our usual childish selves, arms around each other.....pinching unexpectedly....doing our random insults, name calling ( u know, like donkey butts, and the like)....all the while we both are smiling..... UNTILL. The great aunt.
She comes up behind us and just lays into us...." That is no way to treat someone you love..." blah blah blah.... and just lets us have it. I was slightly embarassed....moreso when the rest of the family (his parents/brothers/etc) started laughing because we got in poop.
Once I recovered enough from the shock, I politely explained that we were playing around.... which was still unacceptable. Now I know why his parents get glares from this Aunt as well.... they act just like us except no physical, all verbal.

hmmm, reading it back.... it might be one of those "you had to be there" moments.

- drinking..... at 16, almost 17, I had my first experience with alcohol. Me and a friend bought a 24 of Labatt Maximum (7.0%) and I ended up drinking 19 of em within 4hrs. She ended up calling an ambulance, and all I can remember is being sooooo hot, I took off all my clothes and when the ambulance got there they were of course angry (teen drunk) and told me to get dressed. I put each arm through a pantleg and started walking out the door.
and that's all I can remember, aside from waking up in the midst of having my stomach pumped.

that one is tied for stupidity with: ran away from a group home, didn't know the city, and ended up sleeping behind the police station. Needless to say, I was hauled back. Honestly, from the back, it did not look like a police station.... just another building. You'd think that all the cop cars would have given it away though.

dum dee dumb dumb.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think my most embarrasing was when I tripped over nothing & fell. Not so bad if no one is looking, but for me there is no such luck. I was walking out of a SubWay & tripped (as I said over nothing) in front of SubWay (and of coarse in front of a big window). I started to fall, thought I caught myself & then went down anyway. I scratched my arm up preety good on the side of the building, Turned to look & there was a guy in a van just sitting and watching me. So, everyone in the resturaunt saw me fall, the guy in the van & who knows how many people driving by.

keycube

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Though I'm sure the incident carried its own trauma for you, I have to say - the visual of all of it is damn funny.

Originally Posted by fastnoc

I remember the second most embarassing thing I've ever done. The first most embarassing will not be posted on a family friendly website.

I was living in Montana, walking to a friend's house. it was winter time and very cold but I didn't have gloves. So i had my hands buried in my jean pockets.

I stumbled on the curb in front of a gas station that had lots of people walking around. because I had jammed my hands so deep in my pockets, as I fell forward I didn't have time to get my hands out. I fell flat on my face and split my lip. Even as I lay there bleeding my hands were still in my pockets.

grogs

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
When I was about 15, I really wanted to be able to dunk a basketball, but being less than 6 feet tall, that wasn't going to happen. So I decided that if I couldn't do it naturally, I would use a chair. The idea was that I would take a running start, plant one foot on the chair, and then leap from there to the rim of the basketball goal where I would dunk the ball. Simple, right? What could possibly go wrong with a well thought out plan like that?

Actually, I was fairly athletic, so I managed to vault onto the chair and then leap from there to the basketball goal. I even managed to dunk the basketball when I got there. Unfortunately, the backboard in my driveway wasn't attached like the ones the NBA pros dunk on, so when I dunked the ball, the entire backboard came down. It came down, landed on the top of my foot, and put me on crutches for the next 6 weeks with a broken ankle. Naturally, when I told the guys in school how I had injured myself, I left out the bit about the chair.