ugh how do you wait?

calismom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Im so impatient for cali to have her kittens. I just want to fast forward a month so they will be here! I thought I was impatient when I was pregnant but I knew I had nine months to wait, this is killing me. shes really starting to round out now and sleeping and eating alot more, and if I thought she was affectionate before she now bites me if I dont pet her! I love it! I also got a call from my vet saying that his ultrasound machine was malfunctioning when cali had her ultrasound, he found that out when he did an ultrasound on a dog who actually had 8 puppies in her and the picture showed 24!It was layering images or something. so cali is definatly not having 12 kittens thank god! my vet wanted to do another one but I think im just going to wait and be surprised.

jack31

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The wait is killing me!!! I just want Ginger to hurry and have these babies, they should be here anyday. I run out every morning hoping. I got all worked up last night because she didn't eat her wet food and I thought maybe it was time but no such luck.

Leslie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

calismom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
well you at least seem close I got a whole month to wait! by the way Ive been following gingers post she is a very beautiful cat, her kittens will be stunning, your such a great person for taking her in, I think though that once all her kittens are in their forever homes you should give her your home as her forever home! you obviously love her already! your two boys need a girl to keep them in line!

samgypsy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I know how you feel, the anticipation is the worst part. It gets worse the closer they get. I know I just sat there and watched my cat. I thought that every little twitch or hard breath was her going into labor. I must have taken her to the vet atleast 4 times during the pregnancy just to make sure she was OK and everything was normal. The vet got tired of seeing me, yet I dont think he was tired of seeing the money.
When they finally have those cute little slimy, crawly things, it all seems worth it.
Congrats and hang in there, its not that much longer.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by calismom

I also got a call from my vet saying that his ultrasound machine was malfunctioning when cali had her ultrasound, he found that out when he did an ultrasound on a dog who actually had 8 puppies in her and the picture showed 24!It was layering images or something. so cali is definatly not having 12 kittens thank god! my vet wanted to do another one but I think im just going to wait and be surprised.
What a relief. For you and Cali!
Based on that she should have maybe 4 kittens. Definitely more manageable. Oh, and the waiting doesn't get any easier. The last two weeks of Goldy's pregnancy I was sitting up almost every night thinking "this is it!"

browneyes106

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Maybe Cali has 4 to 6 kittens in her. I know how you feel I used to feel the same way with my mom cats. Cali sounds like she is doing well. She is gaining weight which is a good sign that her and the kittens are doing well. For the next month just monitor and give Cali love and keep yourself busy to make time go by quick.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

calismom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
im trying to keep busy but its always popping up in my head!!!

cutekittenkat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OHHHHH, so she's not having 12! Well that's a relief for you(and Cali!!!)
I'd still guess that she's going to have a big litter, because I remember you saying that she was getting big early...
Oh, I know the waiting!
It just seems like time slows down juuuuust for you!
Oh well, it'll happen eventually

I feel the same waiting to get foster kittens(I know, it's not quite the same, but I just LOVE kittens, and seeing them grow!)
I hope the time passes fast for you

Good luck to you guys!