3 A.M. nose licks...

keycube

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My little Sasha really isn't one to be held, or for much in the way of affection in general, for that matter. But she has this thing occasionally where she feels compelled to hop up on my bed, sit next to my head, reach in and give me nose licks for minutes on end.

I'll indulge her for as long as I can, because she's unusually receptive to petting during this time, and makes cute little sounds of affirmation. But I can only hold out for so long 'til I have to roll over and get some more sleep!

Anyone else have kitties that wake them out of a sound sleep to get some lovin'? Or do you think this is just one of those "they like the salty taste" sort of deals?

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't have one now who does that, but my Old Lady Shasta did it pretty much every night of her 21 years, and got scritches and whatnot until I couldn't bear to be awake any more and shooed her away. She'd walk up me and stand on my front to deliver her attentions, which usually included several quite vehement head butts. It wasn't quite as easy as just rolling out of the way.

binkyhoo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Allways and often. She does not realy wake me up, But if I wake and roll over in mid of night, she is right there. Last night she had a suprize for me. She sniffed my face and then sneezed cat boogers on me. "Ouuu Binks!".
Go back to bed Kitty.

kittybernard

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by binkyhoo

Allways and often. She does not realy wake me up, But if I wake and roll over in mid of night, she is right there. Last night she had a suprize for me. She sniffed my face and then sneezed cat boogers on me. "Ouuu Binks!".
Go back to bed Kitty.
Oh gee, really lovely..
But thoughtful!

I often wake up with a kitty standing on my front too, but they don't clean my face.. they stare at my face. Quietly. Intently. It can get a little unnerving.. you don't know what kinds of plans might be formulating in those kitty minds!

kscatlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cammy wakes Jon and me up with head butts, it's really cute. She doesn't cuddle much during the day but I've waken up quite a fews times to her cuddling with me.

carla1183

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Little Lila is escalating with her 3 am visits.
Started with her just standing on my chest.
Then came sitting on my chest purring as loud as she could with her face almost touching mine.
Then she started kneading my chest (and we got a little better about clipping her nails. Yow!)
Then she started giving me kisses (touching her little nose on my face)
Then came the head butting.
And now she has bitten me twice! (Not hard, not even enough to hurt, but just putting my cheek in between her teeth!)

So I'm guessing she's just doing whatever she can to get attention. I usually give her a few pets and then put her on the floor, but she's back up in 2 seconds!

catnurse22

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My Harvey does this. Except he will lay ON my head, not next to it. And he purrs very loudly, so not optimal for sleeping. I get nose and ear licks. Needless to say the cats get kicked out of the bedroom around 3 or 4. Poor Luke, he gets kicked out too just so he won't be shut up in the bedroom. And he's always such the good sleeping partner...curled up by my legs. And first thing in the morning if the BF gets up before me and leaves the bedroom door open...there's Harvey...on my head, licking me.

merindah

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Libby is a night time visitor. She often sleeps with us but around 1am she wants to be petted and will lick us, walk all over us etc. I try to ignore her because I don't want to encourage that behavior but she purrs so loud, it's cute. My husband often gives into her and will pet her.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Keycube

Anyone else have kitties that wake them out of a sound sleep to get some lovin'?
My Chynna who is going to be 18 years old next month loves to give nose kisses. I know skin oil and ear wax are very appealing to a cat, but she will even do it just after I've washed my face

I wake up and sense that she's sitting near me. If I open my eyes and she sees them open, she's on my pillow next to me and will lick my nose for several minutes. She also loves to get scritches and paw massages and ear rubs at the same time too. I indulge her because she's getting on in years and I don't want to deny her the loves she is seeking.

nannerpuss

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Morris did this for years..he would come up & give me head butts..Rub all over my hands with his teeth. Pull my hair with his teeth..walk all over me. Lick my nose & ears.Do circles..lay down get back up do more circles. Finally had to move him to his own room..

lsuguscat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Gus likes to lay on my chest and purr as loudly as he can and knead any time between 3 and 5 am. He's no where near that affectionate after about an hour of being awake in the mornings, so I love him coming to cuddle, but after about 10 minutes I'm ready to go back to sleep! If he doesn't go in his carrier with a blanket over it nothing will work..... he cries if he's in another room, and if I just roll over he's right there pushing me back!