Harper's Landing

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Anyone else planning on watching the premier of Harper's Landing tonight at 10P.M. on CBS?

It looks like it might be a really interesting series to watch for the next few weeks.

cattybird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I'm planning to watch. If you've read Agatha Christie's TEN LITTLE INDIANS, it's sort of like that. People are on an Island for a wedding and they're killed off one by one. I guess that's not giving too much away.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
so it's like a murder mystery? not horror-ish though?
I may try and watch it!
like I need another show to watch

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by CATTYBIRD

Yup, it's a murder mystery. As far as I know no ghost or anything.
Hmm, i like murder mysteries
Thanks for the info!

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oooo! Thanks for posting this! I'm planning on DVRing this so I can watch it tomorrow. I love murder mystery type things so I'm definitely looking forward to it!

Originally Posted by katiemae1277

like I need another show to watch
HAHA me too!
I watch way too many shows. But they are all mostly DVRd and I watch them when I have the time, usually on the weekends.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by yam102284

Oooo! Thanks for posting this! I'm planning on DVRing this so I can watch it tomorrow. I love murder mystery type things so I'm definitely looking forward to it!

HAHA me too!
I watch way too many shows. But they are all mostly DVRd and I watch them when I have the time, usually on the weekends.
I have been looking forward to seeing this for awhile. With all the repeats that are on now it will be nice to have something new to watch. Apparently it is suppose to be quite a cliff hanger until the last episode so I am wondering if I'll be able to figure out who the killer is before then. Time will tell....

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tierre0

I have been looking forward to seeing this for awhile. With all the repeats that are on now it will be nice to have something new to watch. Apparently it is suppose to be quite a cliff hanger until the last episode so I am wondering if I'll be able to figure out who the killer is before then. Time will tell....
Yes! Ever since they first started playing the commercials for it, I have been looking forward to it. I almost forgot it was on until I saw your thread! I will definitely be watching it tomorrow when I get home. I just hope it doesn't turn out to be a bad show. I have high hopes for it and I don't want to be disappointed.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think we'll watch at least the first episode to see if it's worth while. Of course, there really isn't much else on so what the heck?

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm going to be watching it. Isn't it called Harper's Island though? Thats what my tv says its called.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catlover19

I'm going to be watching it. Isn't it called Harper's Island though? Thats what my tv says its called.
Yes it is called Harper's Island, I actually know of a place called Harper's Landing not to far from where I live. Think that's probably what I was thinking about when posting........you know it's that getting old thing.....

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the reminder. I had planned on watching it to see what it was about. The preview looked interesting and that kids "one by one" sounded quite creepy!!! *shivers*

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I just finished watching.

I know it was only the first episode and it was probably meant to introduce the players/characters. But wow! Boring!

I'll watch it next week, but if it doesn't grab my attention by then, I won't watch it further.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tierre0

Yes it is called Harper's Island, I actually know of a place called Harper's Landing not to far from where I live. Think that's probably what I was thinking about when posting........you know it's that getting old thing.....
I just wanted to make sure we were thinking of the same show.

I haven't watched it yet. I have it on my pvr, will probably watch it tomorrow.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I watched; I wasn't impressed. I don't really care for any of the characters and I thought it was pretty predictable. I might give it a chance next week, but I don't have high hopes.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with the accessment so far, the first episode left a lot to be desired, however it may improve so I will give it another chance.

I do find though that they hype these programs so much when you do actually watch them more often then not you are disappointed.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
of course I forgot to record it
but based on what you guys are saying I didn't miss much! but like I said, I do not need another show to watch