I am not happy

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bought a new washer and dryer from Home Depot . It just arrived. DH unpacked it. The washer has a big dent in it. The packaging had no dents tears or marks.

I phoned Home Depot. They will have someone call in the morning.

lil maggie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't you just hate it when they use sledge hammers to get the washers inside those boxes?? J/K!! It seems like they do stuff like that though! I'm sure they'll replace it without a problem but it is aggrivating expect something nice and new then get it damaged.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Make sure you get a brand new one, not have someone come in and "fix" the one you have.

My brother had a fire in his house last year in June and the house required extensive renovations including new appliances. He was telling me that when they delivered his first stove that it was banged up and scratched. They were going to send someone to fix the dents and cover up the scratches. He told them that they better send a new stove that he wasn't paying for something banged up and fixed.

They picked up the stove and delivered a new one which was also banged up and scratched!
The third stove they got was in new condition.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Make sure you get a brand new one, not have someone come in and "fix" the one you have.

My brother had a fire in his house last year in June and the house required extensive renovations including new appliances. He was telling me that when they delivered his first stove that it was banged up and scratched. They were going to send someone to fix the dents and cover up the scratches. He told them that they better send a new stove that he wasn't paying for something banged up and fixed.

They picked up the stove and delivered a new one which was also banged up and scratched!
The third stove they got was in new condition.
When I phoned I told them I wanted a new replacement washer, The customer service person told me they will order me a new one. I also told them I think they should deliver it. He said he was unsure of what they do for out of town customers. It will cost me another $30 for gas to go exchange washers. I would also have to borrow a truck.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If they won't deliver I would keep all the receipts for gas, and such and make them reimburse you for those expenses. It seems only fair since you wouldn't be putting out that extra money if you didn't need them replaced.

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tierre0

If they won't deliver I would keep all the receipts for gas, and such and make them reimburse you for those expenses. It seems only fair since you wouldn't be putting out that extra money if you didn't need them replaced.
That is true. I am just so dissappointed. My other washer completely died Saturday. I knew it was going but, I was hoping it would last until I got my new one. With three kids and lots of snow and mud outside. There is a lot to do. I am just hoping it doesn't take too long to order a new one.

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Home Depot contacted GE . They are sending me a new washer. They told me to hook up the dented one, and use it until the new one comes in. They will be delivering the new one and taking away the old one.

I am much happier now.
I guess I should have slept last night instead of staying up worrying.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mbjerkness

Home Depot contacted GE . They are sending me a new washer. They told me to hook up the dented one, and use it until the new one comes in. They will be delivering the new one and taking away the old one.

I am much happier now.
I guess I should have slept last night instead of staying up worrying.
Yeah for happy endings! Looks like a very nice set too!

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow that is one heck of a dent, hope they replace it for you. That is good news that they are indeed replacing it for you.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have carried loads of washers and driers, and I don't have any problem figuring out how the dents happen.

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

I have carried loads of washers and driers, and I don't have any problem figuring out how the dents happen.
It isn't hard to do. Dh put a small dent into my fridge when he brought it in. I am just glad I will be getting a new washer,
since this one wasn't our fault.