TCS vibes for my best friends doberman - Brain surgery

lmunsie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey everyone,

My best friends dog (and my favourite dobernephew) is under the knife today. He is getting a brain shunt put in because he has hydroencephalistis (fluid build up in the brain). The surgery is of course, necessary. She loves this dog so much and has done so much for him, he is only 2, but the sweetest boy you could ever have!

The surgery has been done successfully on another dobe, with an excellent prognosis!

He needs tons and tons of vibes for today!

Thanks

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow sounds serious! I hope the surgery is a success and your dobernephew recovers beautifully. By the way, what is his name?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lmunsie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
His name is Lexxington (Lexx).

He came out of the surgery like a champ and the Dr. was very optimistic. However today (day after surgery) he had a grand mal seizure (this was part of his symptoms) however they did tinker in his brain so hopefully this was just caused by stress and the surgery, however now he can't come home for atleast another day or two. Recovery is going to be a couple weeks assuming no more complications. But he is in the very best hands at a very good vet hospital....... so lot's more vibes for his successful recovery!

Lexx - Proud Doberman

Lexx and his (currently worried sick) mommy. Don't dobermans look mean and scary?

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Lexx is a very lovely boy. Sending lots and lots of for a speedy and full recovery.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh what a huge handsome boy.

Many many vibes and prayers headed that way for Lexx and his family

lmunsie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well.... thanks for all the vibes. Lexx is coming home today
No more seizures, so fingers crossed for a quick recovery! (as quick as you can recover from brain surgery
)

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lexx is so handsome!! I'm glad his surgery was a success, plenty of healing vibes for the poor Dobey boy and comfort hugs for his mommy
Do let her know we're all rooting for Lexx! Keep us posted on his condition, I know I'll be checking back here regularly.

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lmunsie

His name is Lexxington (Lexx).

He came out of the surgery like a champ and the Dr. was very optimistic. However today (day after surgery) he had a grand mal seizure (this was part of his symptoms) however they did tinker in his brain so hopefully this was just caused by stress and the surgery, however now he can't come home for atleast another day or two. Recovery is going to be a couple weeks assuming no more complications. But he is in the very best hands at a very good vet hospital....... so lot's more vibes for his successful recovery!

Lexx - Proud Doberman

Lexx and his (currently worried sick) mommy. Don't dobermans look mean and scary?
Oh my goodness! I just want to kiss his terrifying little face!

He is adorable! for a quick recovery!

lmunsie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for keeping interested everyone!
Lexx is doing amazing! Besides looking like Frank-n-dobe (long scar down the middle of the forehead to the middle of the shoulderblades) he is proving to be very resiliant. A little tired but getting back to his old self! No seizures....

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sending along my love and vibes to your handsome sweetie.
Lexx

lmunsie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For those who are interested here are some images of the incisions

Lexx's head

Back end

However his mom maintains that it looks far worse than it is! As you can see he is more interested in his bones then on his frank-n-dobe appearance!

As for an update she said he is getting better and better everyday.......which is good and bad, because he is getting more and more energy everyday and he has to be kept leashed for something like 3-4 weeks!!! No off leash outdoor time! Yikes.

My SO is going to dobersit while they are away tomorrow since he needs 24 hour care as well (too make sure there is no scratching at the incisions or where the shunt is) it was a big suregery but worth every penny and minute of care because he should live a full and happy life now!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so glad that he is healing well.
Sending continued healing vibes to Lexx.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awww poor baby, Im glad it doesnt seem to bother him.
For him to continue to have a successful recovery with no more seizures.
His Mom obviously adores him

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just did a bit of googling about this because we imported a male from Australia who was carrying "Hydrocephalus" - this condition I wouldn't wish upon anybody - furry or human. I couldn't really find much info on the one your friends Dobie has, but was pleased to find it was hydrocephalus - because none of our kittens lived past 6 weeks!

Thinking of Lexx - what a beauty.