ATTN Rescue League, cat needs help in Pittsburgh, PA

manekineko

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I hope I'm following the right procedures.. I'm new to the board and I'm just trying to help my mom out with this stray cat she found this past weekend. It looks really bad... It was so very skinny so she gave it some kitty kibble which it gobbled up. But soon after it threw it all back up. So, my mom gave her more food and it ate it and threw it up again. It's also got several hard bumps on its back. The largest one is greyish in color and looks crusty and pretty disgusting. It's got to be sick with one or more problems or infections. My mom and I feel terrible for it, but my neither one of us can afford another pet, espcially one that's sick and in need of a lot of medical treatment. Can anyone in the Pittsburgh, PA area help this kitty out? We've called around to the no-kill animal shelters we know in the area, but they all say they can't take another cat because they have too many already. We don't know what else to do
Please help!

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by manekineko

I hope I'm following the right procedures.. I'm new to the board and I'm just trying to help my mom out with this stray cat she found this past weekend. It looks really bad... It was so very skinny so she gave it some kitty kibble which it gobbled up. But soon after it threw it all back up. So, my mom gave her more food and it ate it and threw it up again. It's also got several hard bumps on its back. The largest one is greyish in color and looks crusty and pretty disgusting. It's got to be sick with one or more problems or infections. My mom and I feel terrible for it, but my neither one of us can afford another pet, espcially one that's sick and in need of a lot of medical treatment. Can anyone in the Pittsburgh, PA area help this kitty out? We've called around to the no-kill animal shelters we know in the area, but they all say they can't take another cat because they have too many already. We don't know what else to do
Please help!
Call around to some vets and see if anyone will take a look at this poor cat as a stray... some will offer discount rates... or perhaps a payment plan. If he is that sick - I hate to say this - you may have to help him across the Rainbow Bridge.

Most rescues don't have a lot funding either to take on such an ill cat.

Also, go online and search for programs in your area, such as the national Alley Cat Allies, and see if anyone can help you defray the cost of looking at this cat.

Good luck.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS & bless you for caring for the kitty
you might want to make a thin gruel for the kitty, because if he's been starved, his tummy can't handle crunchies right now. Just soak the kibble in water and mush it up.

You could try contacting these folks:
http://www.imom.org/
If they cannot help you, perhaps they can offer some suggestions.

He might have been hit by a car, which can cause damage along the spine. Also, the AlleyCat Allies is a great suggestion - they may also have resources in your area.
Sending prayers and vibes that the kitty gets help soon