House

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Anyone else watch last night's episode? Were you as surprised as I was?

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Shocked. I was shocked!
I was really disturbed by the way House was handling it. I think Wilson hit the nail on the head later, though, when he said it was bothering House tremendously that he had missed any signs Cutner might have been giving.

But I wanted to smack him when he was sitting with Cutner's parents.

I really liked that guy too.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was surprised too. Hadn't read anything that he was leaving the show.

It was a good episode though-very though provoking.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wait, I haven't been watching lately but am I seeing this right? They've written Hugh Laurie off the show? Or is this like how they wrote his first 3 assistants off?

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
**SPOILER ALERT, IN CASE SOMEONE HASN'T WATCHED IT YET!**

Originally Posted by twstychik

Wait, I haven't been watching lately but am I seeing this right? They've written Hugh Laurie off the show? Or is this like how they wrote his first 3 assistants off?
No, it was Cutner.....one of the 4 people on his team - the tall East Asian guy. At the beginning of the show, 13 and Foreman were sent to his apartment to find out why he hadn't shown up for work. He had called earlier and said his dog was sick.

While at the apartment, they discovered his body in his bedroom, with a self-inflicted gun wound to the head.

It was very shocking.

I really liked his character too.

cdubbie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
wow, I'm glad there was a thread on this. I only saw the photo and date span ofl ife of Cutner...I dont know his character name so I thought the actor IRL had died suddenly and was shocked! I read the spoiler so I wont get the surprise at a later date but relieved it isn't the actual man who died.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I still think there's something going on that we don't know about. At the beginning of the show, Dr. Taub was the one who said Cutner had called in about his sick dog. If I worked with someone, I'd know whether or not they had a dog. And the way Taub reacted to the whole thing---I think he knew before hand what Cutner was planning.
Just an opinion.

peachytoday

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kal Penn will be leaving acting to take a job as associate director in the White House office of public liaison.

http://www.popeater.com/television/a...e-house/417307

Pretty final way to leave. I will have to say the cast and crew did a great job keeping his leaving under wraps. I never say it coming. I really liked his character though. But Thirteen and Taub have more drama in thier lives than he did.

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by libby74

I still think there's something going on that we don't know about. At the beginning of the show, Dr. Taub was the one who said Cutner had called in about his sick dog. If I worked with someone, I'd know whether or not they had a dog. And the way Taub reacted to the whole thing---I think he knew before hand what Cutner was planning.
Just an opinion.
Yeah, I thought Taub acted way too unattached too... (well until the way end when he sobbed) Should be interesting what comes out next. Unfortunately I tend to watch House reruns on USA and almost always forget to watch new ones Monday nights, but last night I did see it. And, yeah.. wow.

angelic00

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I watched last nights episode and was really caught off guard,I really liked Cutner.The way House and Taub acted did not suprise me at all,it seemed to fit both of their characters for the show.Taub and Cutner were never close and House is well House......

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Didn't Taub admit a few episodes back to Kutner that he almost committed suicide once, but then changed his mind?

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by plainjane

Missed it...maybe it's posted online somewhere?
It may not be up yet, but it should eventually be on fox.com.

plebayo

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The ONE episode I miss and it's amazing!

Wow I really liked his character too.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by Plebayo

The ONE episode I miss and it's amazing!
Honestly, if they didn't show previews for next week's episode, I would have thought it was the season finale!

Wow I really liked his character too.
I did too! He added a little levity. I don't think I would have been as upset if they had killed off one of the other characters.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

Didn't Taub admit a few episodes back to Kutner that he almost committed suicide once, but then changed his mind?
Taub spoke of a doctor who attempted suicide - when Kutner asked him if it was him, Taub denied it.

That episode was on just a few weeks ago - last nights episode had the man who suddenly had an attitude like House. Next week we will have the episode with the cat who sits with patients when they are going to die - how far behind are we?

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kiwideus

Taub spoke of a doctor who attempted suicide - when Kutner asked him if it was him, Taub denied it.
But didn't he do it in a way that left a question in your mind?

After the one with the cat is the man that is locked into his brain and can't communicate or move. Very unusual and good episode. Then it is last night's episode. You are not that far behind.

kittybernard

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I haven't watched it yet, but I couldn't wait & had to spoil it!
They always know how to twist this show in all of the right, unexpected spots. Can't wait to see it. Though I really liked his character too.. so it's a bit of a bummer also.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

But didn't he do it in a way that left a question in your mind?
Oh yeah, definitely!

Ohh we are not that far behind. Yay!