TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Cooks, do you do this too?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cooks, do you do this too?

post #1 of 13
Thread Starter 
Last night I made Italian chicken, rice, broccoli, rolls, the whole deal. Not a hard or complicated meal, but still time consuming. It smelled SO good! It was done, DH was ready to eat, and....I just wasn't hungry. I do this all the time...no matter what I make, I want something else once I'm finished.

I'm the same way with baking. I don't mind making christmas cookies because I know I won't eat them (now, the batter is another thing! )

Does anyone else have this problem? I honestly love to cook....
post #2 of 13
That happens to me too, I usually eat anyway though.
post #3 of 13
Sort of.. I nibble as I go, so by the time it's all done I've already eaten.

Did you guys have any leftovers? Sounds like it'd make for a good lunch or dinner tonight!
post #4 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybernard View Post
Sort of.. I nibble as I go, so by the time it's all done I've already eaten.
I tend to do that too, so by time its all prepared, I'm full
post #5 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybernard View Post
Sort of.. I nibble as I go, so by the time it's all done I've already eaten.

Did you guys have any leftovers? Sounds like it'd make for a good lunch or dinner tonight!
Oh, believe me, we have containers with lunch for the next few days. I also tend to cook for an army, so we're set! Want some??
post #6 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by kscatlady View Post
That happens to me too, I usually eat anyway though.
Me too!

Sounds like a yummy meal!
post #7 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyharley View Post
I tend to do that too, so by time its all prepared, I'm full
Guilty as charged!
post #8 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by calico2222 View Post
Oh, believe me, we have containers with lunch for the next few days. I also tend to cook for an army, so we're set! Want some??
YUM! Now we just need transporters like in Star Trek. I'm not a very good cook either, so the replicators would be a Godsend!
post #9 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by kscatlady View Post
That happens to me too, I usually eat anyway though.
Same here..its such a strange phenomenon!
post #10 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybernard View Post
YUM! Now we just need transporters like in Star Trek. I'm not a very good cook either, so the replicators would be a Godsend!
LOL, I would love to send some to you because usually leftovers get fed to the barn cats (transporters are in the shop, and I'm not sure what replicators are! ) But, honestly, it's really hard to ruin this chicken. It's just chicken breasts and a bottle of italian dressing in a covered skillet on low/med for about 2 hours or until it falls apart. Try it!
post #11 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by calico2222 View Post
LOL, I would love to send some to you because usually leftovers get fed to the barn cats (transporters are in the shop, and I'm not sure what replicators are! ) But, honestly, it's really hard to ruin this chicken. It's just chicken breasts and a bottle of italian dressing in a covered skillet on low/med for about 2 hours or until it falls apart. Try it!
Really?? If it's that easy I'm definitely trying it sometime. I won't stop craving it until it I do!

The replicators replicated almost any kind food out of thin air on command. So a kind of microwave on steroids, I guess!
post #12 of 13
I'm the same way! The best part of going low-carb was realizing that the more cakes I baked and decorated, the less cake I ate.

I once made chicken and dumplings (*drool*) and just watched DH eat. I knew it would taste really good, but it just didn't SOUND good.
post #13 of 13
Yeah, I have a tendency to sample while I'm cooking, but -- unfortunately -- I tend to eat the meal anyway!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Cooks, do you do this too?