Wilbur and his 'chirp' meow

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wilbur gets lovey while he's playing. Sometimes he'll stop playing and be the most cuddly cat ever.

when he starts purring it's really quiet, but you can tell when it's happening because when he meows it warbles really loud. lol. Since he talks ALL the time it's pretty easy to spot.

I was trying to get a video of him playing with his favorite little mouse, but he was more interested in some affection. You can hear his warbles here. it's pretty neat

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We once had a female cat that we called "Bert," because her meow always had that trill in it.

By the way, I see that Coy's burned down Jan. 16.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww!!! That is just adorable!!! and if Wilbur is a spoiled brat, who's fault is THAT, huh?

kittybernard

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
He's telling YOU to get it!
Just kidding!
His voice is sweet and pretty just like he is.. I can't imagine it ever sounding annoying.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

We once had a female cat that we called "Bert," because her meow always had that trill in it.

By the way, I see that Coy's burned down Jan. 16.
Coys???

Originally Posted by AddieBee

Awww!!! That is just adorable!!! and if Wilbur is a spoiled brat, who's fault is THAT, huh?
Oh it's clearly my fault. But I wouldn't have it any other way. he's turned into such a cuddler it's great. it blows my mind that tinker is stand offish but he's an attention pig. I really thought it'd be the other way around.

When Wilbur wants to be petted he makes no bones about it. if I'm sleeping, he knows if he sniffs all over my face his wiskers tickle me and it wakes me up. how do i know this? sometimes I'll pretend I'm asleep and peek. he'll sniff and run his whiskers all over. Then sit back and stare at me. if I don't move around he'll do it again. he repeats it until i wake up
Originally Posted by kittybernard

He's telling YOU to get it!
Just kidding!
His voice is sweet and pretty just like he is.. I can't imagine it ever sounding annoying.
it's not annoying at all, but he wallers sometimes and THAT can be very grinding lol.

and I always get his mouse for him. I bet there are twenty of them that he's lost around this room. under dressers, under the bed, behind the computer. I find them everywhere. but he LOVES to play with them. he'll put it in his mouth then jump up on his hind legs and let go so it flings it. then he bum rushes it, lays down so it's right under his chest, and meows for awhile. then goes back to playing.

I'm so happy i got these guys back. they make a huge difference in my daily happiness.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Pixel makes a noise similar to that - i call it a 'purrow' - it's kind of a mix between a purr & a meow.
she talks the most of all of mine, & makes the most different noises.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yeah, Coy's, probably the best steak house in Arkansas, burned down Jan 16, first day of race season. That's where I said we should meet for dinner.

I'll be in Little Rock sometime in the middle of the night Thursday night/Friday morning.

Did you look at my video of the cats at the shelter this week? There's a yellow boy there who trills like that, too.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

Yeah, Coy's, probably the best steak house in Arkansas, burned down Jan 16, first day of race season. That's where I said we should meet for dinner.

I'll be in Little Rock sometime in the middle of the night Thursday night/Friday morning.

Did you look at my video of the cats at the shelter this week? There's a yellow boy there who trills like that, too.
Hey - you and JT should meet for breakfast or something!!!