Ladies: what skin care products do you use?

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm just starting this thread for fun and to see what works best for most people....I love to talk about this stuff because I am obsessed with keeping my skin looking good (I used to never take care of my skin in high school so it used to be really bad, but it's amazing how much it's improved after I changed that)
I use Biore cleanser, moisturizing lotion spf 15 and eye gel (all by Biore) daily and at the moment i'm using a got2b in your face facial scrub twice a week for exfoliation and deep cleaning...I don't use a toner, I probably should but I feel it's way too much stuff that I'm already using...
I'm a bit germophobic so I use Dial anti bacterial soap for my body but I moisturize with some lotions from bath and body works...
And that's pretty much what I do...
What about everyone else?? I'd love to hear what works best for you

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't really have a skin care regime.

Usually I buy whatever body wash smells good. I used to use Oil of Olay Body Wash for Sensitive Skin, but you can't buy that here anymore for some reason. So I've been using Tone, or Dove Pro Age (Velvet), and sometimes just regular hand soap.

So far as cleaning my face goes, any soap I have on hand is what I use.
1. plain liquid hand soap.
2. Sometimes baby shampoo (I get blepharitis and have to really make sure my eyelids are well cleansed and baby shampoo doesn't burn the eyes.
3. Noxema
4. Or if my face is exceptionally greasy (I have very oily skin), I will use Sunlight dish soap!

I never use a moisturizer on my face because my skin is exceptionally oily.

For body skin moisturizing, I use whatever hand lotion is available. Usually I buy Curel or Nivea Body, but sometimes I just use plain ordinary Vaseline Petroleum Jelly.

For my feet I either use Vaseline Petroleum Jelly or Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Foot Cream.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use a store brand of cetaphill to wash my face. It's the exact same thing and about $8 cheaper for a bottle. I also have the St. Ives apricot scrub that I use on my face too (about once a week). I don't put any moisturizers on my face because I have oily skin. I use clearasil sensitive skin astringent twice a day to get rid of excess oil on my face.

For my body, I use dove sensitive skin soap or I have a body wash that smells like pomegranate that I use sometimes. I use olay quench lotion for extremely dry skin or vaseline dry skin.

cat.ling

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have that rare-ish oily Asian skin.

I use a foaming face wash in the morning (either Aveeno or Neutrogena, changing it up every other bottle). Before I apply my Everyday Mineral makeup, I use toner (Biore), moisturizer (Aveeno or Clean n' Clear or Neutrogena), and absolute must-- primer so that it controls the oil on my face (Cosmedicine's Medi-matte or Smashbox Photo Finish Light, or milk of magnesia works too).

Then at night to take off the makeup, I rub it off with facial wipes, then wash with a facial scrub (Aveeno or Biore). I really should use toner again before going to bed, but I'm usually lazy and don't.

I don't really use moisturizer for the rest of my body. Only occasionally will I use Bath and Body Works magnolia scented body cream for my legs when they get ashy.

Occasionally I will do facial masks. I've heard the mint julep one is good and I want to try it. The other one I've tried and will use again is the kitty litter mask. Seriously, it works pretty well.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
i use very little. currently, i've been using NA-PCA [a spray] plus Oil of Olay moisturizer in the mornings... altho i just bought something new - L'Oreal deep wrinkle repair. i got the night creme - hopefully it'll do something for my forehead [which is pretty much the only place i have any real wrinkles].

body-wise, i use Bath & Body Works lotions. i have fairly dry skin, so i can't shower daily, even w/lotions. i'd have even worse dry skin problems if i did!

i never had acne, & had very few pimples in general. haven't had even one in many, many years.

genetically, i did well - i have very similar skin to my mother, who also has very few wrinkles, even at 72.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
None. Past experience before I became overly sensitive to smells encouraged me not to try experimenting... And now that practically anything scented bothers me I generally can't even get passed the smell.

I don't have oily skin, luckily, stay out of the sun, and don't do anything else that would harm or age my skin, so I'm not particularly worried.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have regimen that I never stray from. My mom always taught me to take care of my skin no matter what!

I use L'Oreal Age Perfect cream cleanser to wash my face twice a day. Then I moisturize with Neutrogena moisturizer.

It must work because I have always had a perfect complexion
It may be something to do with my genes too I suppose

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use Mary Kay Velocity at the moment. I was mixing it with their microerm cleanser daily but I'm out of that now and can't justify spending the money on it. I'm not sure what I'll do when I'm out of Velocity. If I don't buy more I'll go back one of the Clean & Clear daily scrubs. Don't know what I'll use for moisturizer though. I love Velocity because it hydrates with out leaving me feeling oily.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Skin type: Caucasian...Oily t zone, acne prone mainly on the chin area.

Hmmmmm, when I shower, my face goes like this:

- apricot facial scrub (heavy duty exfoliation here)
- clearasil facial scrub (its a very light scrub, wouldn't even class it as much of a scrub)

out of the shower:

-if I have any breakouts, I put on this spot treatment from Avon.
- if I'm putting on make up (very seldom) I put on oil free moisterizer... not sure what brand but it was pricey and works great without leaving my skin oily.

I do have assorted toners and facial masks I use on occassion as well.... generally they are Avon brand or clearasil or clean n' clear.

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have combination skin & rosacea (caucasion skin) so I have a regimen and stick to it.

Mornings:
Wash with Aveeno redness reducing foam wash
Apply Metrogel (medication)
Apply lotion with SPF protection (I was using Clear Skin Morning Glow, just bought Avon Solutions a.m. Lotion instead)

Nights:
Wash with Aveeno again.
Apply Avon Solutions eye gel
Apply Avon Rejuvenate Night lotion

I don't usually wear makeup, it tends to cause a Rosacea breakout.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Once the eye makeup has been removed, i just wash my face in a gentle foaming facial wash, then moisturise with Nivea morning and night.

Once a week i exfoliate as well, and the body gets moisturised daily also.

My sister and i both have nice complexions like our dad had, where as the boys in the family had quite wrinkled skin like our mum

cdubbie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I use Origins Checks and Balances face washing...and swear by it. Finally! After a bazillion years I found the perfect face wash!

I use Olay everything after that. It depends on the time of year and whatnot about what I will use. I started with Regenerist at age 35 or so. Now I'm over 40 and been using Total Effects. Everything must have SPF.

In winter by face is super dry so I will use ORigins youtopia or straight vaseline at night.

Body - I use Eucerin calming cream most days (I'm super dry). Occasionally I'll use fou-fou girly stuff or Lush Dream Cream on days I can go a little lighter.

I recommend Olay for ppl with sensitve skin whether bottle marked that or not. I've never had this much luck consitently w/o irritation.

Origins anything is also good if you tend to get irritated easily like I do.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Luckily I have always had fairly good skin, other then a few breakouts during puberty.
I use to use Nivea cleanser and moisturizer right up until about 5 years ago and at that point I switch over to Oil of Olay which I really like. I have combination skin and find it works really well for both dry and oily areas.

vampcow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
wow i have a REALLY complicated Skin Care routine...in part because I have problematic skin and bad acne.

In the morning I use..

SKinceuticals Cleansing Creme
Skinceuticals complextion calming Gel
Skinceuticals facial moisturizer
Skinceuticals Ultimate UV Defense SPF 30
Followed by my foundation and makeup

In the evenings:

I use Cliqnique make up remover or Origins Mega Mushroom makeup remover pads (depends what i have on hand) after that:
Every other day I use Skinceutcials Clearning Cream
Every Orther day I use SkinCeuticals Clarifying Cleanser (I alternate between the top two)
followed by B5 hydrating gel
Follwed by the Facial Moisturizer

In addition...I go for facials about once a month.

And this is all working!!
You can notice a HUGE difference in my skin.

For body moisturizer....I alternate between Bath and Body works and Victoria's Secert

cruisermaiden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I use original Dove bar soap all over including face, Aveeno Daily Moisture lotion for my body but not my face, and Mary Kay Formula 5 facial moisturizer but only when I wear makeup.

whiteforest

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I seem to have a negative reaction (either dry skin or break outs, etc.) no matter what I have tried on my face. The only thing that works to keep my skin clear is washing it with warm water and a washcloth at night. Then I only use Bare Minerals makeup which has been much more kind to my skin than anything I used in the past.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just use a nivea cleanser and nivea lotion.

I have had many discussions with my molecular biology teacher about skincare products. I am particularly interested in those because many claim to prevent the onset or delay wrinkles, contain collagen, yada yada.

Truth is - you cannot put collagen into your skin. It is too big.
You cannot prevent wrinkles from using lotion.

The best things for younger looking skin is:
Good genetics
Drink lots of water
Avoid sunlight - if you cannot, then use SPF lotion
If you use moisturiser, use one that has a little bit of oil in it. The oil protects your skin.

That is all you need for good skin.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't do much to my face, actually. I wash with just plain old water and a washcloth. Around my eyes, for those nasty little crows' feet, I use either an Olay regenerist cream or the new moisturizer/wrinkle reducer they sell at Aldi's (the one for "mature skin"
). I've been using it for a few weeks now, and the skin around my eyes really does feel different-in a good way.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Those were all really fun to read...The Biore cleanser is a bit too harsh for me I think, I've been feeling like my skin is irritated around my lips...I love to try new things and switch them around but at the same time I'm afraid to because I don't want any break outs...I might try something new though.

Originally Posted by Cat.Ling

Occasionally I will do facial masks. I've heard the mint julep one is good and I want to try it. The other one I've tried and will use again is the kitty litter mask. Seriously, it works pretty well.
I was looking at that kitty litter mask video not too long ago!! I never tried it because I don't think I have the right litter- I use clumping litter and I'm not totally sure what kind of litter I'm supposed to use with it...

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm a Clinique gal. I do their 3-step on my face. Mild soap, clarifying lotion, then the moisturizer.

On the rest of the bod, I've been undergoing chemo since late Oct.....(one more treatment...YAY!)....and it's wreaked havoc with my skin. Thankfully, not my face, but it's dried out the rest of my skin something terrible. So the oncologist recommended Eucerin, as it has very few chemicals and no perfumes. I had tried my regular body butter from Bath and Body Works, and broke out in hives!!
I also use just a regular Dove bar for washing.....very creamy.