Which name should I go with?

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am going to be adding a bengal to my family very shortly and am still trying to decide on a name. Or rather, the spelling of the name I have picked out!
So I thought I'd make a poll and see what other people thought or liked and why. If you are curious and want to see what she looks like - I posted a thread in Breeder's Corner. So let me know what you think!
Here is the thread. http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=194460

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I chose Kira. I'm personally not a fan of "fancy" spellings and prefer simplicity.

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I chose Kira it is simple and cute. It is also the name I had wanted to name my oldest daughter when we adopted her, but Dh would let me

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

I chose Kira. I'm personally not a fan of "fancy" spellings and prefer simplicity.
I am the opposite of that
and am a big fan of K names.

My daughters: Kendra and Kayleigh (see what I mean with Kayleigh's name....there are simpler ways to spell it)

My name is Christina, but if I had a choice it would be spelled Krystyna.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another reason I chose Kira as my preference (not that my opinion carries any weight, LOL) is because as a call name, it's closest to her given name, Akira.
When I first saw the other thread and that you were musing over what to name her, Kira was the first name to come to my mind.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just a phonetic note. A "c" followed by either an "e" or "i" has the soft "s" sound.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

Just a phonetic note. A "c" followed by either an "e" or "i" has the soft "s" sound.
Yep, I would read Ciarra as "see-arra".

I chose Kyra, because I think that's lovely, but now that I know her call name is Akira, then I would like to officially change my vote to Kira.

lil maggie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Personally, I'm not all that brilliant lol so I'd be pronouncing those names as:

Kyra - keye*rah
Keira - key*ra
Ciarra - see*air*ra
Kira - kere*a

I picked the last one

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was between Kira and Keira for me, I chose Keira cuz I think it sounds better..(I'd pronounce them all the same way lil maggie wrote them out)

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I voted for Kira. Apart from the simplicity of it, which I'm into, it's the only one I would pronounce the way it was intended to sound. I would also pronounce them all the way Maggie wrote them out!

Laurie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

Yep, I would read Ciarra as "see-arra".

I chose Kyra, because I think that's lovely, but now that I know her call name is Akira, then I would like to officially change my vote to Kira.
That's how I would pronounce Ciarra, but did you know it is actually pronounced as "Kee - Rah". It is Irish and she is red! However, I would pronounce exactly as you would.

Originally Posted by lil maggie

Personally, I'm not all that brilliant lol so I'd be pronouncing those names as:

Kyra - keye*rah
Keira - key*ra
Ciarra - see*air*ra
Kira - kere*a

I picked the last one
That's what I was thinking.

Originally Posted by Trouts mom

I like Ciarra...but pronounced Sierra
That's what I was doing and I also like that name.

I posted the link to the pictures that way you wouldn't have to search for it.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I chose Kira also. Ciarra is a name of a person who was not a very nice person on Big Brother a couple of years ago. And she looks like a Kira

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I like Kyra, but I pronounce it Kere-a. I had a friend in high school named Kyra and it also the name of a very talented actress, Kyra Sedgwick