Abayomi Abyssianians - Vancouver: Any opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rule62

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi there!

I'm currently looking a purchasing an Abyssinian kitten from Abayomi Abyssinians which is location in Vancouver. I would be very interested to hear from anyone who has dealt with this breeder.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Looked at the website. Nice cats but I have a few concerns. Even if you only want a pet, IMO the breeder you buy from should have show cats with titles (champion or grand champion) in the association they are registered in.

Otherwise they are just breeding for pets only. No where in her pages does she even mention she shows (no cats have titles) and she only mentions "grand champion lines" - which sounds good but really doesn't mean much if its 3-4 generations from her breeding cats.

While some cats can't be shown for various reasons, if these cats have PRODUCED show titled cats on a consistent basis, I will forgive not having a title. With Ocicats, there are not many grand champion females around (but plenty of them come from excellant lines that PRODUCE grands) because they are cats that come into heat cycles early and its very hard to show a female Oci who is in and out of heat a lot.

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think their testimonials page speaks volumes. While I agree with Martice that it's important for a breeder to show, there are many reasons why someone wouldn't be able to.
I think this breeder has many happy pet clients.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
True Nial, but those "testimonials" can easily be faked. I know another website that has a lot of problems right now and suspect her "testimonials" are from the breeder - not from the owners.

I would not totally rely on testimonials when buying any cat. Ask me about this on a hot air balloon ride company (PM me)!

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Golden kitty that is a mess.
I think the testimonials were faked by the breeder.
I did some research and found out some things.
I will tell you in a pm.

luz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I too would be interested in any feedback about this breeder...

abayomi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi There,

I am the breeder in mention, Abayomi Abyssinians. My name is Tracy Fasciana and I am more than happy to provide as many emails/phone numbers to my Testimonials/References as well as my long time vets phone number... all anyone has to do is ask. I also welcome people to come into my home and meet us and our furry family and see for yourself. I take great pride in my Abys and my cattery and strive for the most healthy well socialized cats/kittens.

I have worked many years for several veterinarians and volunteered 9 wonderful years for Wildlife Rescue... I love animals of all kinds!!

I screen all my kitten inquiries asking "many" questions and encourage people who are interested in purchasing a kitten from any breeder to ask as many questions as they can to the breeder. I am happy to hear from people who have LOTS of questions as it shows they are interested in finding a reputable breeder and providing a forever home for a new baby... these are the homes into which we place our kittens. :eek:) We do not sell to just anyone.

I also take photos of our kittens every two weeks from birth and send them to their new owners so they can see they are healthy and enjoy watching them change as they grow. It provides them with wonderful memories to look back on as many of our families start a photo album book right from the precious newborn stage. The photos you see on my website are all photos I have taken.

I encourage our "extended kitty families" to keep in touch for years to come, and tell each and every one of them that I am always here if they ever have any questions. I also ask that "if' they should have any health issues at all to PLEASE let me know as it's the only way i am able to decide if one of our cats have to be removed from our breeding program. Fortunately we have very healthy lines and many happy kitty owners!! I have met so many wonderful people over the years and made so many friends that continue to keep in touch and send me proud parent photos of their babies!

I also encourage anyone who would like to inquire about myself and my cattery... please contact any of the lower mainland breeders as they will have nothing but good things to say about us. I am more than happy to talk with anyone in person or by email... you are welcome to give me a call anytime. :eek:)

Kindest regards,

Tracy Fasciana

"Making Aby Dreams Come True... One Family at a Time."
Abayomi Abyssinians Cattery
"...our Lions of Love"

Please PM me for contact details

abayomi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am sorry as I am not sure what you mean in your most recent post?
Was this directed to me or are you saying that the breeder who cheated your sister wasn't Abayomi Abyssinians but another breeder?

I am a very honest caring breeder and would be happy to send references to anyone. :eek:) I have never cheated anyone nor would I ever.
I am sorry your sister was cheated... it's so sad to hear of people who have had bad experiences with breeders. Your sister should contact the cat registries and file a complaint.

Kindest regards,

Tracy Fasciana

"...our Lions of Love"

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was not you.
My sister did call CFA.
Lets just say the cat has very long fur now and is not a purebred at all.
If you go through old posts you will see what happened.
My sister decided not to get another rex because of what happened.
She got a sphynx instead.

abayomi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks so much for clarifying that!! In the way the posts were written it seemed as if they were being directed about my cattery.

It is always so devastating to hear people who have had such bad experiences from breeders... I can only say those seeking healthy kittens from a reputable should do as much research as they can, ask as many questions as possible, including references and even ask to speak to the breeders vet. Never should anyone feel pressure to purchase from a breeder and if they get annoyed with so many questions... look else where. If possible, its helpful to visit the cattery.

It is a HUGE long term commitment bringing any pet into the home. It's important that it be well thought out and that people don't purchase the first kitten they see... especially if it's a "Good Deal"!

Being confident in the decision is most important. New owners want to spend many wonderful years together with a healthy, loving companion.

I must say i am amazed at how many people just want to purchase a kitten and don't answer any of my questions. They just want the first kitten they can find. :eek:(

Thanks again for clarifying the posts. By the way Sphynx's are GORGEOUS!! I have always wanted one!

Kindest regards,

Tracy Fasciana

"...our Lions of Love"

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just got my 2nd sphynx a 2 weeks ago.
They are very friendly cats.
I have benched with a Aby breeder at a CFA show before.
It is nice seeing all the different breeds of cats.
There are so many people that just want a purebred cat and know nothing about them.
If you ever decide on a sphynx I know alot of the good breeders.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Tracy -

I have a question: with such amazingly beautiful kitties.... why not show them? I mean - they are gorgeous!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tracy,

Why do you not show your cats? And if they have titles, why are they not shown on the website. That was my biggest concern about your cats/website. The lack of info regarding showing.

While not everyone is looking for a show cat (most all want pets), its still important to show your cats because the quality is there - even if they wind up as pets and not in the show ring.

My first Ocicat was bought as a pet, but I choose a breeder that had lots of show quality cats and regional/national awards. He turned out to be show quality and granded. The 2nd one was bought AS a show cat and is better quality the the first one - but I was careful to research the lines and the show cats from the other breeder before I bought the cat.

sohni

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I can offer an opinion there. It is insanely difficult to show cats in the Vancouver/Vancouver Island/Lower Mainland area. There are on average one show per registry per year within a 5 hour drive. It's been driving me crazy.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by Abayomi

If possible, its helpful to visit the cattery.
Yeah, but that can get you into trouble, too. I had already decided I wanted an aby----sometime way in the future. I had just started researching breeders when ended up benching next to one at a show (I was showing HHP's). I visited her cattery a few days later--just as part of my research
-- and came home with a new kitty that day.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Tracy,

Why do you not show your cats? And if they have titles, why are they not shown on the website. That was my biggest concern about your cats/website. The lack of info regarding showing.

While not everyone is looking for a show cat (most all want pets), its still important to show your cats because the quality is there - even if they wind up as pets and not in the show ring.

My first Ocicat was bought as a pet, but I choose a breeder that had lots of show quality cats and regional/national awards. He turned out to be show quality and granded. The 2nd one was bought AS a show cat and is better quality the the first one - but I was careful to research the lines and the show cats from the other breeder before I bought the cat.
I just have to ask - why is it so very important to show cats? If a breeder is responsible, has healthy cats and loves the breed, why can they not breed for the sake of love? I could honestly care less if the mother/father of my cat was a champion/show cat. I just find this rather "stuffy".

Again, I go back to Bijou - he is the most amazing and wonderful cat we've ever, ever, ever had and so is Mika. I would take bets that Carol thinks pretty much the same of Tianna. Their dame and sire are not champion show cats. I would take any one of these 3 cats over many champion/show cats any day.

Status
Not open for further replies.