Introducing Squid

squidsmom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We just got Squid today. She is a Hemmingway! 7 toes on one foot and 6 on the other. She is 8 weeks old and very very much the lilll princess. She loves her lil ninja that I knitted for her and toilet paper tubes. She has eaten well and used her box today so I would say that she is setteling in very well.

We are giving her Kitten chow right now. She seems to have a deph perception issue he will lean in too far into her water and poor thing will get a cold wet nose.

Here are a couple pics of her. On her side she has markings like a bengal it's very interesting. Who know she may be a Hemmingway Bengal LOL

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

squidsmom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

She is ADORABLE, in Italian she would be a Calamari
We have agreed not to tell her when we go have calamari! Might hurt her feelings you know

squidsmom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

What a doll!!!

Call me naive, but what is a Hemmingway Cat?
I didn't know untill I got her they are the cats with the extra toes. Hemmingway accually had a whole bunch of them on his property that are still there and in his will.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She's beautiful! I can't resist a spotted belly! I had a polydactyl cat once and he was the sweetest thing.

squidsmom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by nurseangel

She's beautiful! I can't resist a spotted belly! I had a polydactyl cat once and he was the sweetest thing.
She is very much so sweet!!

squidsmom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittiesHasMe

Squeeeeeee!
Where's the cuteness warning!
Shes so cute that the Hubby that never let my Mini Shar Pei or French Bulldog sleep in the bed or even in the room let her sleep in bed with us last night.

He never had pets before I came long lol. Shes such a sweet thing too it's nice to have her for sure. She helps my work day go a lil bit faster and my lap is a lot warmer.

plainjane

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Super cute! Keep posting pictures of her as she grows, can't wait to see how those markings develop!

kittybernard

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Squid is absolutely adorable!!
More pics, more pics!

Originally Posted by ScottF

too cute, and umm whats a Hemming way? never heard that before
It's the nickname for polydactyl cats. As Ernest Hemingway's first cat was a polydactyl itself, today there are over 60 feline descendants living on his property. Over half of those being polydactyls!

squidsmom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by plainjane

Super cute! Keep posting pictures of her as she grows, can't wait to see how those markings develop!
it's very weird cause she has these wide tabby markings like bangels do on her back and sides. Not like I can get a good pic of them cause shes either sleepingin a ball or running around so fast!!

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
Awww....she's adorable!

Just watch out as she gets bigger - those extra toes can be used to open cupboard and closet doors.

squidsmom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ms. Freya

Awww....she's adorable!

Just watch out as she gets bigger - those extra toes can be used to open cupboard and closet doors.
She found a hold under the cubbords and we covered it with cardboard and taped it off she already gets the tape off it the stinker